orange interior trim???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orange interior trim???

I was just taking other people opinion on the colour of my interior. I want to have the interior look classy but with some kind of uniqueness (if that's a word) to it. I was contemplating the idea of orange on the dash trim, orange around the power window switches and orange around the top of the center console (a keen eye will tell you that there is a lip around the shifter!!!!) My concern is that this may be considered ricey but at the same time, I want a little flare. I've tried doing glossy black on black but it just got boring after a while and I want a change. I need your help CB7 owners!!!!!!

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

do what you like, as long as you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
      do what you like, as long as you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?
      Agreed.....Do whatever you feel is a tasteful modification...You will get varied opinions on this subject so we will not be a big help. My opinion is: I wouldn't do it. But if you do do it..make sure you do it right.. Maybe you should call in the "What Not To Wear" guys or the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" guys...

Comment

Do whatever you like, just make sure u prep it well

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

glossy interior

My friend passed along some handy information to me about glossy interiors and it's a very good addition to the already posted DIY. After you sand, prime, sand, prime and paint, try adding rubbing compound to the part to achieve a super glossy shine before you clear coat. Use your discretion but the end rusult should resemble fiberglass without the cracking. Rub it in with a lint-free terry cloth. His car is '98 golf and although he has a plastic interior, if you sand ours down the point were you can't see any of the vinyl grain and prime it, you should be fine.

I am not responsible for any mishaps that may occur. I'm simply passing along information that somebody may find useful in attaining the look they want.

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

Working...
          X