Climate control won't change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate control won't change

Recently my climate control won't change from say defrost to foot to regular. The recirc and fresh work, Ac button works but I can't get that function mentioned to change?

Any ideas to look for this week without changing the climate control?

Fans and heater control work as well.

thanks

steve

My vote is for a bad board. I have an extra one I'll send you for free if you'd like but it's just the board itself and not the whole climate control assembly.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I will check it this weekend. If it turns out to be not a loose connection or something.

I will let you know.

steve

Comment

The different fan options share the same connector with the fresh/recirculating and A/C buttons so it's not terribly likely that one would be affected and not the other.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

its like the bottom row works and the top row doesn't.

steve

Comment

It could be the mode selector motor. I would check for a blown fuse in the kick panel first. Maybe a fuse, hope it's easy. Then when you hit the buttons to change air path selection listen for the motor, if you hear it move but there is no change in air path the linkage is broken/disconnected. If you hear nothing you can test for power going to it when you hit the selector buttons.(different wires for different modes) If there is power to it it's the mode motor. If there is no power it's the board Jarrett mentioned.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

about as crazy as it sounds I have the same problem with mine... I am planning on opening the actual climate control to see if there is something burned inside...

Jarrett if no one else wants that circuit board I'll take if mine happens to be damaged.

Comment

It was the board. I replaced it and now it works fine.

Sorry I took the board Jarrett had. Maybe he has another.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                  It was the board. I replaced it and now it works fine.

Sorry I took the board Jarrett had. Maybe he has another.

steve

that's some good news man... at least I know where to dig now. How bad was the old board? Is it something that can be fixed?

Comment

Look at the motor and linkage that actually moves the door. You can easily see it by pulling carpet away from the driver's side of the car. I had an issue once where a random aftermarket wire got caught and prevented the linkage from working properly.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

The board to me looked fine. But I don't know what to look for really. Nothing jumped out at me.

steve

Comment

Working...
                      X