What happened to my interior lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my interior lights?

Ok, guys... I have had an ongoing problem with my interior lights... here's the background...

Basically, I installed a set of gauges on my 93 LX auto. During the install, I used the dimmer switch connections for power and ground. The gauges came on fine and worked wonderfully. However, I noticed immediately that the interior lights (climate control, shifter position, and button lights) all stopped working. The radio lights still work, but that's obvious...

Since then, I have relocated the power to the fuse box in the driver's kick panel. However, since I'm such a smart guy, I clipped the harness from teh dimmer switch and threw it away So I thought, what the hell, we'll make our own harness... I hook the wires up to the switch and still, no lights.... I have checked all the necessary fuses and connections, and have verified that the dimmer relay is still functional.

Any ideas? I haven't cehcked that the dimmer switch is still working, but I'd have to assume that it is.... anyone had this problem before? I'm running out of options here

Re: What happened to my interior lights?

Originally posted by OlDirtDog
    I haven't cehcked that the dimmer switch is still working, but I'd have to assume that it is...
    bad assumption know anyone w/ a cb7 that u can borrow the knob to test? there was a thread about this (i think), but i cant find it...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Re: What happened to my interior lights?

Originally posted by OlDirtDog
      I clipped the harness from teh dimmer switch and threw it away So I thought, what the hell, we'll make our own harness
      If I understand this right-you dont have the actual dimmer unit hooked up? You just used the harness from it to control the gauges? I do know that if the harness ISNT plugged into the dimmer, then none of the lights you described will come on. Kinda like your turn signals wont work unless your harzard button is connected. So try pluggin it back in, if you can...
      Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Yeah, that ws def my next step... I have a few friends with 4th gens, so I'll def be testing mine.... I swear everytime you do somethign with these cars, you learn something new about it.... like who'd have thought that unplugging the hazard switch would kill the blinkers?!? I'll def be checking into the dimmer switch next time I see said friends.... thanks for the info, guys!!!

Comment

No problem, hope you get it all worked out.
          Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Working...
          X