CRX Si bucket with CB7 brackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRX Si bucket with CB7 brackets?

I'm bidding on this 89 CRX Si passenger seat on EBAY. I don't think it has brackets. But that's ok because it'll be a tv char untill summer. At that time how difficult would it be to fabricate some CB7 brackets onto that bitch for a chair to put in when I'm going to the track? And this is for the drivers' side.
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Re: CRX Si bucket with CB7 brackets?

Originally posted by JDM CB
    I'm bidding on this 89 CRX Si passenger seat on EBAY. I don't think it has brackets. But that's ok because it'll be a tv char untill summer. At that time how difficult would it be to fabricate some CB7 brackets onto that bitch for a chair to put in when I'm going to the track? And this is for the drivers' side.
    Well it will probably be a real bitch, I never tried to do it but my brother being the CRX fan he is had three pairs of them and they where a different bolt pattern then my CB7's brackets so I never bothered with them.

By the way the 1989-1991 CRX has the seatbelt buckles on the chair, not the floor so if you buy the passenger side and use it as the driver you'll have a buckle on the driver's door side.

Also I don't know what year CB7 you have but if it's a 1992-1993 you also have the seatbelt buckle mounted on the seat.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

That won't really matter all that much...if I use it for a track only set-up I'll be getting a harness for it anyway. Yes it's a 93 Accord. I'll get a how-to up if I can get it to work if I get the seat.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

I won the bid. 26 bucks with CRX brackets. We'll be getting it in a few days. Over the spring I may (just for fun) buy some CB7 brackets for it and tinker with it. If something works I'll get a how-to up.

also...what should I use to clean the seat? it doesn't need to be perfect...just a bit neater...
        Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

use any type of detergent(dawn, carpet shampoo, tide etc)

just dont use alot because it will require to use alot of water to get the soap out and its not good to soak the seat. if you dont get all the soap out you will have a crusty texture to the seat which isnt the nicest thing. so use only alittle soap and scrub with a big brush(like a BIG toothbrush). then get a wet-vac and suck all the excess water out of the chair. then get a clean towel and place it on top and sit on it so the moisture is sucked into the towel. then it can air dry. this is possible to do in AZ because of the heat and dry air, so depending on your climate you decide if you want to dry it or let mother nature help you out!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

it's actually not too bad overall. it's from 89...so it won't be perfect. we used some oxi clean on it the first night...the smells were out. we're gonna get the green clean machine on it soon. lol

thanks for the advice

. Snail Squad .

Comment

that blue oxyclean spray is unbelieveable for stains... let it sit in the stains, scrub w/ a brush, and suck out w/ a vac, and blot with a towel. that stuff got stains out of my front speaker grilles and door panels, made them look brand new.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB
                it's actually not too bad overall. it's from 89...so it won't be perfect. we used some oxi clean on it the first night...the smells were out. we're gonna get the green clean machine on it soon. lol

thanks for the advice
                or you can use that! i didnt think you had acess to one. i have one with the rotating heads in the handle piece, works nice!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

yeah, we're gonna bust it out in few days...they clean REAL good

. Snail Squad .

Comment

UPDATE:

last night It was project time...I ripped all of my front seat bracket screw covers off and yanked out my driver's seat. I took it upstairs. Sadly to my knowledge it will not work because the CRX seat is a bottom mount...the CB7 is a side mount. Unless you make custom brackets I doubt it can be done.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                    X