Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new here - What does the "Brake Lamp" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here - What does the "Brake Lamp" mean?

hey all,

im new to honda and this site (i was always a Saab and nissan guy, this is the first honda ive owned), this is probably one of the better honda forum sites ive seen, specially because it;s an accord specific site! anywas i just got a 1991 accord exr and im wondering what does the "brake lamp" light just under the diagram thing that shows which door is open in the dash. When i start the car, it's gone but as soon as i press the brake peddle, it comes on. What is this? i checked all my rear lights, they seem to be all good.

parkign brake is all the way down and the fluids all have been toped up! its right under the door ajar diagram thing....its the not the parking brake light....

Comment

Change the bulb in the light that is in the back window

Comment

ill check that one again but im pretty sure it was working...also might as well ask, teh little green sqaure that says maintenance required, does that turn red or something when it needs something? is that the check engine light for this car?!

Comment

that light tells you if there is a problem with the rear brake lights..but then agin mine staye don forever and there was nothing wrong with mine but then it just went off one day

the red light that comes on that just says brake (for example when the e-brake is up) indicates that the brake is on or the brake fluid level is low..
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

ic, well i guess its broken then! i was just wondering what it was telling me! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by c900t16
              hey all,

im new to honda and this site (i was always a Saab and nissan guy, this is the first honda ive owned), this is probably one of the better honda forum sites ive seen, specially because it;s an accord specific site! anywas i just got a 1991 accord exr and im wondering what does the "brake lamp" light just under the diagram thing that shows which door is open in the dash. When i start the car, it's gone but as soon as i press the brake peddle, it comes on. What is this? i checked all my rear lights, they seem to be all good.
              I had this same problem and Wagalude fixed it and it is so simple. If you go inside the trunk and take the cover off your access panal to your tail light you should see a box (can't remember if it is black or grey) that is screwed into your tail light housing as well as plugged in. Mine was bad so Wagalude and I swapped it out and it solved my problem. You will have to perform process of elimination since it doesn't tell you which light is having the problem. I happened to have had an extra one at the time from my old tail lights when I did my trunk conversion.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Working...
              X