Taking Out Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Out Headliner

I need some help with taking out the headliner. I have looked in the Haynes manual and they dont say anything. If someone has a little experience in this if they could help me out. i think i can get the front off, but its the side with the window pillar. Thanks. Anything will help. Peace.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

i have never taken the headliner out but i have had the widow pillar peace out and their are screws that hold it up. you have to take your time and watch that you dont break the pillar plastic where it goes around the seat belt.
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

first off, its not going to be an easy task...trust me! ive done it and its easy but very time consuming.

first you will have to remove all the side pieces in order to be able to remove the headliner. first the front, remove the bottom plastic covers...thats easy just a bunch of clips holding it on.
      that will uncover a scew holding the secong piece of plastic, take it off and also the plsatic cover the covers the screw that hold the seat belt in place...remove that screw also and you will be able to pry the secong piece of plastic off...everything else is just clips holding it in place.

now for the back. first you will have to remove a small piece of narrow plastic by the inside rear door...2-3 screws holding it down, remove them and you will be able to see the one screw thats holding the second peice of plastic. remove that screw and you will be able to remove the second piece of plastic...just clips to pry it off of.
      you wont be able to take the second peice of plastic out of the car cuz the seat belt is holding it...in order to remove it completely, you will have to remove the screw thats holding the belt down which is under the rear seat. do this to both sides and youre done...now you could work on removing the actual headliner.

there are 5 things holding the headliner up the you will have to remove...
      first is the screw for the rear view mirror...take the plastic cover off and you will see 2 screws take them off and the rear view mirror will come off.
      next are the vanity mirrors, 2 screws holding them in place, take them off and cut the wires that light up the lil light and they will come off.
      finally, the dome light. take the plastic cover off and you will see 2 screws I think...take them off and it will come down, you will also have to cut the wires that turn the bulb off and you can remove it.
      now just be careful and start removing the headliner only clips are holding it up by this point...work your way from the front to the rear and be careful and try not to bend it...
      same thing when youre taking it out of the car...its a tight fit taking out of the doors, I suggest removing the front seats first that way it will be easy manuevering around inside...i didnt and it was very difficult.

that should be it, just keep in mind you'll probobly take the whole day removing these pieces...oh, and btw, these steps are for a 4-door ex with sunroof hope this helps.
      Last edited by uncle_el; 02-25-2004, 07:22 PM.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Headliner Removing

Thanks that should help....i have a 2 door but i dont think it will matter. Thanks again. I will try it out when i dont work or have school which is almost never. Thanks again.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

i got that far but i ran into a problem. the front passenger side handle, i have no idea how to take it out

Comment

oops, forgot about the door handles 2 screws hold them up, to get to them just slide the covers off and that will expose the screws. you could slide them off away from the strap or just use a small screw driver to pop them off...but be careful not to tear the headliner. sometimes theyre a lil hard to take off but they will just keep at it.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

here are some pictures for you people:

Comment

Working...
              X