tapping power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tapping power

where and how can i tap into power for some lights i got.

thanx in advance

it depends, if u want it on when the car is on or tapping it to a constant. basically you can tap it anywhere, like the parking lights (will only be on when the parking lights are on) or the radio wire....the main one that is constant. or also you can tap into your cigarette lighter for power.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i used the cigarette lights...i put a switch between the lights and the cigarette lighter and i could turn it on and off whenever i want.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
        i used the cigarette lights...i put a switch between the lights and the cigarette lighter and i could turn it on and off whenever i want.
        How much power comes out of the cigarette lighters and how many lights do u have hooked up?

Comment

its a 12 volt source and i have 4 lights hooked up to it...2 under the front dash and 2 under the seats. works great and no fuses have been blown. i know in auto zone they sell an adaptor that you are able to connect 4 neon lights to it...the type that have the cigarette lighter plug. it doesnt have a switch though so youre going to have to put one on or just plug it in anytime you want to turn on your lights.

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

what wires (color) did u tap into on the cig lighter

Comment

actually, i used one of the plugs that plugs into the cigartte lighter, spliced it and added the switch and the 4 lights. i ran the wiring under the console and put the switch next to the e-brake.

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                actually, i used one of the plugs that plugs into the cigartte lighter, spliced it and added the switch and the 4 lights. i ran the wiring under the console and put the switch next to the e-brake.
                thats exactly how i ran mine. juss dremel a spot for the switch. my switch in behind the shifter console tho. but either way they r at a convenient and out of the way location. easy to hide wires too. but use a fuse...just to be safe
                In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

Working...
                X