jdm license plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm license plate

folks with bimmers and benzes can rock german vanity plates on the front, so it should be cool for us to rock japanese vanity plates.

replica jspec plate

for only 35 bucks, it ain't bad. not sure if it's up any of your guys'/gals' alleys, but i thought i'd post it for reference.

Last edited by uncle_el; 03-16-2004, 12:09 PM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

yea u can find them on egay cheap 2 i was thinking bout gettin 1 also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439605145

Comment

JDM plate

yea i love my JDM plate....especially cause its authentic...its from chiba, japan..and its got one normal hole and one weird hole...why? not sure, but it looks cool as hell

Comment

The hole your refering to is probably the Security button that use to hold the license plate on the actual jdm car. It may be abnormally large if it was taken off without the proper tool. I have a jdm plate on my car as well and I love seeing the "civic ricers" slow down or do double takes on my car as I pass....much like how a sexy lady can stop traffic and cause an accident >=)

I've come across issues with the local police having my japanese license on my car though, one pulled me over and said "hey that looks cool, I have a civic that i'm fixing up...but you know what son? that is illegal to drive around with" I was like yeah buddy ok I'll take it off. Did I? HELL NO! >=) Please.... it's funny hearing a cop having a car at home they fix up when modding any part on a car not factory is supposingly illegal??

Oh by the way....whats the big deal anyways? if that was the case, cops should pull everyone else over that have Raider or any other miscalaneous novelty plates in my area. I think he was having a slow day. I have my original california plate in the rear...I think if i were to do something malicious like rob a bank or abduct a hella fine 90yr old grandma... wouldn't it be easier for police or locals to spot me on the road with such a plate?
        Last edited by uncle_el; 03-09-2004, 09:04 AM.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Im So getting one of these!

H23?

Comment

Re: jdm license plate

Originally posted by uncle_el
            for only 35 bucks, it ain't bad. not sure if it's up any of your guys'/gals' alleys, but i thought i'd post it for reference.
            you can get the replicas at lennox mall for $25....if you havent gotten one already

Comment

Re: Re: jdm license plate

Originally posted by k-mart
              you can get the replicas at lennox mall for $25....if you havent gotten one already
              curious, where in lenox- what store?

Comment

I am gonna get myself a plate and also fuck da police.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: jdm license plate

Originally posted by uncle_el
                  curious, where in lenox- what store?
                  my buddy got one up there, i believe at one of those stands set up in the middle of the walking area

i dont know the name though....

if i find it out, i will post it up on here

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: jdm license plate

Originally posted by k-mart
                    my buddy got one up there, i believe at one of those stands set up in the middle of the walking area

i dont know the name though....

if i find it out, i will post it up on here
                    oh, ok, i think i know the stand/kiosk you're referring to.
                    it's on the 1st floor/ground floor, perhaps near banana republic. in any event, they sell uga and ga tech fan license plates. so i'm guessing this is probably the same stand that sells the replica jspec license plates.

Comment

yea, its one of those with the tech/uga merchandise

btw, where in atlanta are you located?

Comment

I'd sooooo do this, but I really can't afford a ticket, even a 'fixer upper' ticket at this point, especially not over a 'japanese style license plate.' I really want one though...no one has them in my area... (probably for reasons already stated).

However, maybe I would get one and keep my stock plate up front and them hang the japanese one in the passenger part of the windshield...might look ghetto though?

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                          I'd sooooo do this, but I really can't afford a ticket, even a 'fixer upper' ticket at this point, especially not over a 'japanese style license plate.' I really want one though...no one has them in my area... (probably for reasons already stated).

However, maybe I would get one and keep my stock plate up front and them hang the japanese one in the passenger part of the windshield...might look ghetto though?
                          if i were to get one, i'd only rock it on the front. it seems kind of pointless to have it in the front windshield. not ghetto, just pointless (to me at least).
                          92coupe has one, and i don't believe he's caught any flack for it from the police here in atlanta.

i just think if bimmers and benzes can have german plates on the front, and college football fans can have team plates on the front, then it shouldn't be too big a deal to have these plates. with that said, from what i can find, there is no official statement on vanity license plates (at least here in georgia).

the issue may be more about whether the state in which you live requires a license plate on the front or not. i've never had a front license plate, in cali or in georgia, and never had a problem.

i really can't call it either way. i guess, like seemingly everything else, it'll be up to the cop who pulls you over. if i find any solid information, i'll definitely post it here.

on a side note, while searching for info on the legality of the "japanese" license plate, i found another site to get one from right here on this one, you can put anything you want on it (up to 5 letters). $27.95

Comment

Porkchop patrol can get you on that windshield shit too view obstruction. Id write them up a ticket for honda profiling.

Comment

Why buy a fake replica japanese plate? Get the real thing guys! I was thinking about getting a fake replica plate, but it's just not right. All the japanese fake plates have a black border and black characters. What you could do though is custom paint the license plate characters a dull olive green and get rid of the black surrounding border lines to make it look more authentic. The other thing to watch out for on the fake plates is the backwards japanese characters. I noticed that most of the japanese replica plates have the same exact kanji writing for the city prefecture, the text or #'s you want custom, and the one thing that also denotes it fake is the "Se" hiragana symbol located on the far left middle of the plate. Sometimes i've seen this character flipped upside down or even reveresed the opposite way. If you are going to buy a replica, make sure this character is facing the same way as the example Uncle_el has posted.

As far as people wanting to know where I got my bumper, I've got a friend that works at a smog shop that's part of Team Demented thats sponsored by Toyo Tires. His team supposingly has hookups on lots of parts including a jdm source. Their highlight cars are two 240sx's one totally converted into a S13 that runs high 12's. I paid $180 for my frontend but it wasn't in a real good condition. Keep in mind that these bumpers are coming off nearly 12-14 year old cars so they have seen alot of abuse.

The only reason why I wanted this was because of the foglight holes were already in the bumper. I've messed up my frontend due to a factory defect template in the back of mine and had no success locating or finding someone or somewhere to purchase just the template kit.

It was either pay the bodyshop to have them cutout simple holes...or go unique. For $180 and the trouble it might be easier or even cheaper to have your stock front bumper gutted and indented by a bodyshop to look like a jdm front bumper. I've seen lowrider trucks with their custom license plate trays in the rear angled sideways etc. Might be something to look into if you are really wanting a recessed look.
                              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                              X