Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bulbs came with your JDM headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bulbs came with your JDM headlights?

Just curious about other people's experiences...

My H4's are some uber white Koito's, I suspect they are the premium white or somnething of the like and not anything OE or Oe replacement because of how non yellow they are...I think the H1's are stock... but they are Koito's as well but somewhat yellow...esp against the H4's...

and I have no clue what kind of corner bulbs... but they light up a semi purplish-blue color...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

My first two sets came with Stanley OE Bulbs and my 3rd set came with some hyperwhite bulbs by nokya

Comment

mine came with oem/oem replacement bulbs in both the h1 and h4 position. i quickly switched them out for raybrig bulbs.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        mine came with oem/oem replacement bulbs in both the h1 and h4 position. i quickly switched them out for raybrig bulbs.
        mine did too. i quickly switched them out for cheapo ebay bulbs, which i gotta admit, worked great for over a year... one finally died a couple weeks ago, so im back to the yellow stockies because im too cheap to buy new ones.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

70% of the JDM headlights I get, already have Nokya or whatever brand it is kind of bulbs. Zachs had the purple tinted bulbs, mine had the hyperwhite, and the last set had arctic white.

My CC2's have OEM halogen bulbs, but HID capsules now.

japan people love colored lights, hehe.
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Boo yeah!! Piaa Super Plasma's

Well they didn't last too long.... but my 4th jdm set came with Piaa Super Plasma's. The outside looks almost like a darker colored purple Silverstar bulb but with a aluminum rainbow foil over the lowbeam filament.

The light output to me looked more cleaner than a Silverstar (of course it's PIAA) It was a clean white from far away but when u get closer u can see a purple hue.

Unfortunately one day when it rained, moisture got into one of my headlamps due to not sealing it well with silicone for the custom blackhousing. Bulb went PoP!
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

yeah those japs love their colored bulbs alright as i got some H4 super white knockoffs in my set. the H1s where OE. just like rebels, i converted to HID too so i have philips d2r bulbs in there now .

what about the corner (wedge) bulbs? mine were simply OE. i'm curious to see if maybe someone got some yellow, amber, or maybe even blue bulbs in there.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                does anyone know why the jdms only have 1 bulb in the corner whereas ours have 2
                their law doesn't require it (instead they have the sidemarkers). so if you're a manufacturer and the law didn't force you to add more wires and provide 2x $0.10 light bulbs, the $0.20 saved after 500,000 cars/year do end up saving you some money.

if car manufacturers had it their way, there would be no seat-belts, no air bags, no "crash-resistent" bumpers, etc...
                Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

two sets came with regular stock oem bulbs, the 3rd set came with osram bulbs which are currently sitting in the garage collecting dust

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                  X