JDM Climate Control parts Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Climate Control parts Needed?

what exactly if anyone knows are the parts needed for the climate control conversion...found one still in the dash of a 92 wagon...just need to know what parts exactly to tell my guy to take out with the climate control so that it will work properly once installed......somebody let me know so i can get started on this.....oh yeah if anyone knows the wiring for the climate control that would be outstanding......thanks

i would pm 93accordex.. im pretty sure he has one in his accord.. he would prolly know the neccesary parts for the swap..

ppi
    DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    PC: *searching*

Comment

also try to hit up bustedlx... i believe he has it, or is working on his right now as well.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I have an importer working on getting me all the associated parts from a 1992-1993 Accord Si. I'm tring to get a complete dashboard with harness as well as the heater valve which is under the hood.

There's allot of parts needed and rewireing that needs to be done. I can't tell you exactly though because I haven't received anything yet.

93AccordEX is also working on it only he is taking a different approach. He wants to try to adapt 1st gen CL parts.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

bustedlx..so far i know i need a sunsensor?, blower control module, temp. sensor, and some actuators..and the heater valve... let me know how your JDM dashboard swapping goes and if you figure out what else is needed please let me know...i want to go strictly CB7 so no cl for me...just my opinion...thanks for the info though bustedlx

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 92coupe
            bustedlx..so far i know i need a sunsensor?, blower control module, temp. sensor, and some actuators..and the heater valve.

thanks
            In theory that should be about it with the obvious exception being the control head. The wireing and interface is what poses the most problem as no one is certian as to how much or how little must be done.

That's why I figured getting the whole dash is the best bet. Can't leave anything out that way. I won't be able to use things like the blower but I can at least get the module out of it and get an idea of how to retro fit mine.

It should work out it's just not on my list of priorities right now.

Paying rent, making sure the kids get everything they need, keeping the car running, my brake upgrade, and lastly my boost are at the top of my list.

My paint job has again fallen behind and the climate control falling in behind that.

Slowly but surely. Who knows maybe a dash will show up tomorrow .

Comment

This thread lives again!!!

From my research this is what needs to be done:

You need to add these parts, all obtainable from a 1st gen CL
              -Outside Temp Sensor
              -Sunlight Sensor
              -Evaporator Temp Sensor
              -Power Transistor (replaces the blower resistor)
              -Blower Motor High Relay (i have no clue if you can get this from a Cl or not)
              -Air Mix Control Motor (not a direct swap, will require fabrication)

As for wiring, Honda is notorious for using the same color wires for everything, so alot of this conversion is basically sodering matching colors together.
              The Blower motor requires some reworking of the wiring also, and some fabrication.
              Another problem lies in that the air mix controls on our car are cable actuated, wheres the CLs are electronic.
              In regards to the heater valve, the stock one should work. (dont quote me on that, i dont know.)

Now, I havent acutally tore into my car yet, but this will require a compleate removal of the dashboard (no fun) so do this at your own discresion. Its not my fault if your driving the winter without heat.

Comment

Actually the heater valve in the CL and JDM CC Accord is vacum actuated. So you'll need that and the solonoid to actuate it.

The only things I'm missing is the Air Mixture motor and in car sensor assembly (temp sensor). But that right there is about $130 bucks. So that's why I haven't bothered starting yet.

Comment

Isnt the incar temp sensor built into the unit (that little vent in the right hand bottom corner)?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                    Isnt the incar temp sensor built into the unit (that little vent in the right hand bottom corner)?
                    nope that's just a vent opening, It has a rubber hose that connects on the backside of it that then connects to the sensor unit. The hose is like 12 bucks and the sensor assembly like $34.

Comment

the hose connects to the incar temp sensor, which in turn connects to the thing inside the vent on the back, correct?

Comment

the hose connects to the incar temp sensor, which in turn connects to the thing inside the vent on the back, correct?
                        Right the hose connests to the control head which has the little vent thing on it

Comment

Intresting... it also wires into the unit as well then, correct?

Comment

Intresting... it also wires into the unit as well then, correct?
                            well right the sensor will connect to the unit threw it's harness. It's only two or four wires, depends exactly what type of sensor it is.

Comment

Sweetness. Thanks once again. Lets see who gets this thing up and working first!

Comment

Working...
                              X