Will a JDM EG Steering Wheel Work on a CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a JDM EG Steering Wheel Work on a CB

I'm just curious if a non-airbag JDM EG wheel would bolt onto a CB or not. I know that for aftermarket wheels, it appears that all Honda adapters are the same. Also, Prelude wheels work. So will a JDM EG wheel work?

had to think about it while driving this morning...

integra owners and civic owners swap parts all the time... which makes sense as they share the same chassis... thus an integra steering wheel would fit in a civic, and vice versa...

this guy has put a dc2 steering wheel in his cb9

per bustedlx:
    Originally posted by BustedLX
    The owner of that yellow Wagon also sports a DC2 non-SRS Type-R Steering wheel but won't tell anyone how he did it.

I assume that he probably swapped over an entire DC2 steering column but honestly don't know untill I try to do it myself.

I'm tring to get the DC2 SRS Type-R wheel myself but they all go for more then I can afford.

so, an integra steering wheel was made to fit in a cb9... and an integra steering wheel is swappable with that of a civc... so i would like to think that a civic steering wheel could be made to fit...

how you would go about doing it, i have no idea. i think bustedlx, one of our moderators on cb7tuner (i see you're a new member here), would have a better idea. per the quote above, he seems to think it would take using the entire steering column.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM
      I'm just curious if a non-airbag JDM EG wheel would bolt onto a CB or not. I know that for aftermarket wheels, it appears that all Honda adapters are the same. Also, Prelude wheels work. So will a JDM EG wheel work?
      They dont even look cool. If you have one laying around and you feel bored then GO FOR IT, but otherwise i say forget it. Sorry if im no help to your install.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
        They dont even look cool. If you have one laying around and you feel bored then GO FOR IT, but otherwise i say forget it. Sorry if im no help to your install.
        Sorry I don't fit your style, or opinion for that matter, but its my car, right? I personally think they look better than my stock wheel, which in my car is rather beat. I like the 3 spoke look better, and don't really want to go aftermarket. Plus, the SIR version is leather wrapped which is a pretty sweet bonus.

This is the what the wheel looks like.

Comment

spend some extra money and get itr, ctr or s2000. Yeah its cool becuase noone has done it but would you put civic seats in your accord? (non 2003 si) those dont count!

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

I have a 90...no airbag, I'm not messing with an airbag issue. I don't have the airbag, and I don't really want a random one sitting in my car, being like a ticking time bomb.

The fact its a Civic wheel means nothing to me. I just like it because its a Honda wheel that's 3 spoked.

I mean its just a more modern version of the 89-91 Prelude wheel really.

I saw one for cheaper than a JDM BB4 wheel. My steering wheel blows and I hate the feeling of the imitation whatever the hell material the wheel is.

And for the record I'd run Del Sol seats in my car. I actually do like the Civic Si (92-95) seats better than mine. They were shaped better I think.

I don't think changing out the wheel is cheapening the car, if that's the angle you're coming from.

Comment

alright. do what you have to do. its just kind of weird to mix accord/civic together with such a big piece such as a steering wheel.
              civic=integra
              prelude=accord
              good luck

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

Bump.

Anyone else have some info on this? Uncle_el, your info was good, I just was wondering if anyone had any first hand info.

Comment

did anyone notice this is a 5 lug? or did wagons come 5 lug? so confused
                  COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

Its converted.

Comment

look in the 5 lug thread. it may have been the 1st ever. no its not stock

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

it would look better with a black roof. someone needs to do that on here. i would but its already black!

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

I've thought about trying that steering wheel...

the hub part on the wheel looks the same but you never really know until you get 2 parts side by side...

but creativity and a dremel make up for alot...

the wheel is physically smaller than an accord wheel... so it might be a good little OE upgrade...if it's leather wrapped...

try it out though... and let us know what happens...
                          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

get an itr wheel...they bolt up right easy from what ive heard
                            H22A Coupe For Sale!

Comment

elliot, you got any more pics of that beatly CB9????..... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                              tranny (no grinds)
                              ECU
                              DC header w/ heat wrap
                              full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                              $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X