Compatible JDM SRS Steering Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible JDM SRS Steering Wheels?

I want to put a different steering wheel in my car, but i don't really want to lose the airbag. Has anyone had any experience with the dc2/dc5 steering wheels with an airbag? i could understand that a dc5 would be way off, so im hoping the dc2 type r w/airbag would fit.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Yes it should fit I believe and I think the s2000 might fit too....you just gotta check the splines on the rear of the steering wheel/hub
    ________
    FREE GIFT CARD
    Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM.
    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

... yea ok im just gunna shell out the 500 bucks for one and be like "oh damn it doesnt fit". hehe thanks jeff

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Didnt TimmyOtool try the s2000 wheel Check in his members ride thread I think he talks about it in there....good luck

Comment

I can tell you for a fact that anything that will fit a Civic will fit our cars. Thats because I installed a Civic steering wheel to use for a bit.

Comment

what year civic, i would assume the ep civic and dc5 teg would be the same!

edit: good call on timmy's steering wheel. he tried, but doesnt fit.
            Last edited by OnE eYe GuY; 03-24-2006, 02:52 AM.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

i doubt the airbag will work because there is no way to conenct the electronics whithout changing the hubs because they use a diffrent thing then ares like i have the dc2 wheel on my car and i can't use the horn becuase the electronics are diff.
              www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
                i doubt the airbag will work because there is no way to conenct the electronics whithout changing the hubs because they use a diffrent thing then ares like i have the dc2 wheel on my car and i can't use the horn becuase the electronics are diff.
                did you try the DC2 spool? or the Cb7 one?
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

you sound knowledgeable in this area, can i make a dc2 type r steering wheel w/airbag fit?

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    did you try the DC2 spool? or the Cb7 one?
                    whats the spool? but its like this you know the lil electric connection you plug into on the accord steering wheel well that is built into the dc2 one and doesnt have the tabs so there is no flow of electricty
                    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Working...
                    X