Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG SPOON is supporting our CB7 chassis now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG SPOON is supporting our CB7 chassis now!!

THIS IS WAY TOO FUNNY!

What is jdm coming too? now we got knockoff spoon sports products floating around ebay.... I can't believe they actually copied their logo and stamped the header with it... Just watching out for the noobies.... you cannot get a SPOON header (i don't recall one made for a CB anyways) for under $100. If you want the real deal stuff you have to pay the piper. Just watching out for you new jdm enthusiasts....

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

On second thought i'd rock this over a megan header... I don't like the name "Megan" it reminds me of a cabbage patch dolls name or americanized wannabe "Mugen"...but eh Spoon Sports does sound quite nice if just the all go factor was only needed.
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

that really bothers me, but i guess the only thing i can do is be proud that im smart enough to know whats real or fake sucks for those who get duped... i mean id buy it for what it is regardless of the stamp, but i wouldnt go around claiming i have a Spoon header.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

sure it might sound nicer than Megan but I think I would laugh at a cb more for having a Spoon part on their cb than having a 6 ft wing made of wood. Well unless they had a b18c in their cb for some reason.

Comment

Haha tru that MmMm I wouldn't mind one of those jdm bamboo flushmounts though.
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Doesn't Spoon make parts for the H22??? And I dunno about this...I'd go with OBX/Megan to "play it safe".

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Those welds on that "spoon" plate look terrible
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

i think i'd still go with the megan/obx header, rather than the fake spoon header.
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Doesn't Spoon make parts for the H22??? And I dunno about this...I'd go with OBX/Megan to "play it safe".
                    I never took the time to research it, but I think Spoon Sports has more love for the B-series. I've tried to find some Spoon plug wires (high tension) for my car, but they only have them for B-series from what i've seen.

Only parts i've seen for H-series or preludes in general are Spoon tower bars, thermostats, oil/tran magnetic plugs, sock covers and oil cap.

I shouldn't really knock megan, i'm pretty sure they make good parts equally if not better than OBX.... i just don't like the name thats all.

Yeah the welds look ugly on the name plate.... looks like it was welded with a soldering iron!
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      that really bothers me, but i guess the only thing i can do is be proud that im smart enough to know whats real or fake sucks for those who get duped... i mean id buy it for what it is regardless of the stamp, but i wouldnt go around claiming i have a Spoon header.
                      You know what would be really messed? Buying this header just for the knock-off tag... re-welding it on a better looking B-series header and selling it to a Noob on Honda-tech. I've seen people scammed on things like fake Recaro or Bride seats this way....sometimes it's REALLY hard to tell unless u get the sellers to like bring up a receipt or really close photos of the actual item.

Now if this header was a B-series and the only one the seller was selling on e-bay with a price tag of maybe $450up and possibly better looking welds... that might get an enthusiast to believe it's legit even more when it still could be fake....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                        I never took the time to research it, but I think Spoon Sports has more love for the B-series. I've tried to find some Spoon plug wires (high tension) for my car, but they only have them for B-series from what i've seen.

Only parts i've seen for H-series or preludes in general are Spoon tower bars, thermostats, oil/tran magnetic plugs, sock covers and oil cap.

I shouldn't really knock megan, i'm pretty sure they make good parts equally if not better than OBX.... i just don't like the name thats all.

Yeah the welds look ugly on the name plate.... looks like it was welded with a soldering iron!
                        I've been convinced of Megan's headers ever since I saw the thread on H-T where a guy got 10WHP out of a stock H23. I imagine OBX is exactly the same...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Sad, the bootlegers are now stooping to an all-time low.

For those of you who don't know, that's a Megan Header with a Spoon Sports logo slapped on. Noobs beware!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                            i think i'd still go with the megan/obx header, rather than the fake spoon header.
                            x2...but if the price is/was right, i'd rock this knockoff...it would look cleaner than my nasty looking stock mani.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

the ONLY good thing about it is that it's stainless steel. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X