angel eye mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

angel eye mounts?

How have people been mounting thier angel eyes into the oem headlights.
    I want to make my own using the blind adjuster rod method! PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

hahah

I've been messing around with this for a while too. I was trying to make something like the audi under-eye lights. I haven't gotten it as bright as I want yet, I'll post pictures when I get home.

Were you going to mold the blind adjuster rods into circles? They're incredibly floppy, so the simpler the design, the better.

Comment

im not to sure yet. as far as mounting. Ima try to just use some good clear glue. maybe at the top and bottom were it touches. ive made my rings 3 1/2 inches in diameter so it should set back far enough to be even with the bulb itself.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Oh, sounds good.

My friend and I installed CCFL angel eyes on his tC using something like thin CA hobby glue. When we went to replace them, however, the thin CA was stronger than the glass that the CCFLs were made from. As a result, the glass shattered, and fragments of the glass remained glued in his headlight housing.

While the mini blinds rods are much stronger than glass CCFLs, you might want to try using some clear silicone caulking. It's much more forgiving, and its pretty durable. But, in the event that you did want to remove it, the silicone breaks away pretty easily.

You can get it at lowes or home depot, or whatever is convenient to you.

Good luck with it and post pictures when you can!
        Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 06-03-2008, 07:30 AM. Reason: 4:27 am = disjointed thought processes

Comment

thats good info. Although i dont plan on removing them itll come in handy if i need to replace a bulb or somethin. IDK

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

hey, i made mine large enough so that they fit tight in the headlights and used a glue gun to glue them down, you might want to use something other than a glue gun cause the glue in there is starting to melt...just my 2 cents

Accord MR Thread

Ek MR Thread

Comment

Working...
            X