This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
    When you switch to LEDs, it gives you the hyper-blink. Wiring in an Equalizer stops this.
    Equalizers suck.
    wat?

Comment

As do you.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

thanks for that info...
        considering I don't want to "wire in" over 4 equalizers but rather want to mod the flasher alone instead
        ____

Comment

Yeah. Those EQs have to be done right and plus its just extra wiring and shit you have to cram into the light casing.

I need to put my LED turns in.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

If I knew what the "gray box" or that "black"..."thing" were then I would feel more comfortable messing with those two resistors...worried I'll fry something.

I'm gonna try to open the box later...rrr...maybe not

Course that long metal wire is a resistor too yes? I can read wiring diagrams, but when you get to the components like this I get a bit lost...resistors and diodes are easy...but those other things I simply am not familiar with.
            ____

Comment

I don't give a rats ass about the "brake light" indicator...

But this hyper blink is killing me. I've tried putting potentiometers (variable resistors with a dial) on EVERY wire (one by one)...all i get is a buzzing flasher relay (not enough juice to the relay coil) or the turn signal indicator light just dims. Nothing slowed the blink. I don't want to use just load resistors as they get hot.

I've used 0-25 Ohms(10watt) and 0-1000 Ohms (.75 watt) (I check/tested each with my multimeter). I've seen folks say to use 6 Ohm resistors and fix the hyper blink

Maybe I'm not hooking 'em up right...didn't use all three of the prongs...just the two that gave me the varying Ohms.

Has anyone actually fixed the hyper blink? Cause I'm at a loss and I've seen all these posts saying to use resistors but has anyone actually DONE it themselves?

...I'm WAY more rusty than I thought I was on electrical circuits...I'm doing something wrong...or using something wrong
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                Has anyone actually fixed the hyper blink? Cause I'm at a loss and I've seen all these posts saying to use resistors but has anyone actually DONE it themselves?
                Yes, I used the resistors they sell at autozone.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

grrr....figured I would save space and put one adjustable resistor in...
                  ____

Comment

click on link better led
                    1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

I was wondering if the hyper blinking would be bad in the long run?

I actually kind of like it

Comment

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                        click on link better led
                        what link?

Originally posted by BlitzCB7 View Post
                        I was wondering if the hyper blinking would be bad in the long run?

I actually kind of like it
                        Don't see how, led's aren't on any longer than normal...just going on and off. On time is prolly about the same

You know these things are good at night, I need to actually take some pics/vid during the DAY

still haven't found a solution to the hyper blink. I refuse to buy a "fixed" relay when I can fix it myself...well if I knew how
                        ____

Comment

Ok I just wanted to make sure since electrical isn't my field at all lol

My buddy had a blinker speed adjuster and I was had it hyper blinking when I was in it because it just seemed more idk.... attractive lol

Comment

still haven't found a solution to the hyper blink. I refuse to buy a "fixed" relay when I can fix it myself...well if I knew how
                            dude...autozone sells your fix. like 8 bucks.
                            My Honda

Comment

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
                              dude...autozone sells your fix. like 8 bucks.
                              yes I know...

...but why buy that IF I can do it for free myself? That's how I am, I would rather spend 2 months researching how to do something myself then just going out and buying something.

I rebuilt a $26 part to save $13...why?...cause that's how I am

And also, doing so gives me a MUCH greater understanding of how the part works. Which is a great idea
                              ____

Comment

I rebuilt a $26 part to save $13...why?...cause that's how I am
                                Mad Props YO! ^ Im with ya on that.

You know I've been thinking of finding someone to build me Amber LED Boards (24 LEDs) to install in my front/rear turn signal housings, i want light chasers like the 2010 Mustangs. Like a block of 6 LEDs light up to all 24 LEDs are lit, and then it restarts the cycle. I think itd be freaking sick, and do the Tails in all Red 36 LED boards.

any input?

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK
                                L M F A O !! Here's some advice: if you want to run 14's, don't sit at the light for 3 seconds after it turns green.

Comment

Working...
                                X