Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think these are good light strips for inside headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone think these are good light strips for inside headlights?

I was browsing Ebay and a came across these. I plan on opening up my headlights soon to do a bunch of mods and I was wondering if anyone ever used something like this for a light strip. The only thing I'm worried about is the quality of the led's. I don't want them to burn out and then have to open the headlights up again to replace them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3AIT&viewitem=

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

It will look nice, who knows about the quality of durability, but for under $5 shipped you can't complain; may as well but a couple extra ones in case you need to replace them.

But suck about honda headlights is that bumper needs to be removed to replace headlights but at the same time is good because are harder to steal.

Comment

The heat made from the bulb will burn the leds out quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
        The heat made from the bulb will burn the leds out quickly...
        I doubt it.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          I doubt it.
          x2 the lots of cars come with running lights as leds like the audi r8 and bmw's come with halos which dont burn out.

and lots of people on here have tried stuff like this the next episode and one other guy
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Yea I don't think the heat would be a problem. I was more worried about the quality of the bulbs and the way they are connected to each other being that they are so cheap on that Ebay listing. I think what I am going to do is buy one and run it to a ac/dc converter and keep it on for a long time to test them.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

That would look pretty ricey. If that's what you're going for, by all means.
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418752

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Fanatic View Post
                Why would it look ricey? It don't look ricey to me. Here is the R8 with leds:

Last edited by AbsurdNY; 03-06-2009, 04:15 AM.

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post

oh my gawd ...... SEX!!!!!
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                    x2 the lots of cars come with running lights as leds like the audi r8 and bmw's come with halos which dont burn out.

and lots of people on here have tried stuff like this the next episode and one other guy
                    but are these ebay lights of the same quality? Doubt it...still...I don't think the heat would be much issue either unless you had these RIGHT next to the bulbs...as in...almost touching
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                      Do it and post pics. If it looks good, maybe I'll do it too. Just reminds me of windshield wiper nozzle LEDs. Now that's rice!!!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2418752

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Fanatic View Post
                        to each his own.

but to me the cb housing is not a good candidate for leds like the r8 cuz the r8's headlights have a nice curve as ours is straight
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

you obviously need to get intouch with this guy. threads been around for a while.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=guess+making

Comment

Originally posted by nicko View Post
                            you obviously need to get intouch with this guy. threads been around for a while.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=guess+making
                            And that has absolutely nothing to do with my question. If i wanted to wire all the leds by hand I would have never asked if those strips were good or not.
                            Last edited by AbsurdNY; 03-08-2009, 02:42 AM.

My member's ride

Comment

I was thinking about doing my own custom tail lights with leds...and the idea of doing those leds one at a time...sheeesh...making me re-think that idea

strips would save time and effort...seems like most think you shouldn't have any issues though.
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X