No announcement yet.

Anyone want a different custom fog DIY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think that would look quite right.. wouldnt fit the contour of the bumper, making them look out of place.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Doh!

I just looked at the car ... I think I see what you're saying --- the lights are flat but the OEM fog location is swept back. The driver's side light would blind people in the other lane, the passenger's side light would shoot way off to the right.

Hmm, what about if the lights were still placed there, but with something made that allowed them to be set back slightly on the insides, so that the lights still pointed straight ahead? The outside edges of the lights would essentially be flush with the bumper part; the insides would be set back (inwards).
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Some work would have to be done to aim the foglights where you want them, or make them adjustable. Either way, it'd take some work.

Alternately:

You could cut the original lens to have the foglight take the place of where the blinker bulb is at, and move the blinker to the inside position.

or

Instead of the blinkers being in the inside position, one could move them to grille and customize them next to the high beams, leaving the foglights in the original bumper lens position, and using the 'dead' part of the bumper lens to fill out the slot in the bumper after the foglight has been attached to the bumper.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

this is what he is trying to accomplish
          Attached Files
          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Basically. Just with the fogs behind the amber.. Im still not sure Im gonna go through with this. Might just slap em on someday if I cant find a set of amber bumper lights.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

that looks great mako you should make and sell those on the forum

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
              X