Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody got a night pic of thier Hids in highbeams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody got a night pic of thier Hids in highbeams?

all i see is low beam hids, i wanna see what the highs will look like, even better if you are tsx or tl retrofitted

HID in high beams? Bad idea since most common use for high-beams is to flash oncoming traffic, or the car in front of you. It's rarely turned on long enough for the HID to fully charge up after the initial ignite.

Flashing HID = bad for the bulbs and ballasts.

Now if someone transplanted a bi-xenon and wired it properly, then that's another thing.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc View Post
      HID in high beams? Bad idea since most common use for high-beams is to flash oncoming traffic, or the car in front of you. It's rarely turned on long enough for the HID to fully charge up after the initial ignite.

Flashing HID = bad for the bulbs and ballasts.

Now if someone transplanted a bi-xenon and wired it properly, then that's another thing.
      yeah its fairly useless, i dont even use mine ever.

i do when people flash their highs at me thinking i have my highs on...then i melt their insides with hidmania. bitches

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post

i do when people flash their highs at me thinking i have my highs on...then i melt their insides with hidmania. bitches
        you never use your highs??? i guess man but i have dark dark roads that i have to turn mines on because it gets hard to see

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
          you never use your highs??? i guess man but i have dark dark roads that i have to turn mines on because it gets hard to see
          I'm with you on that one, lol. Come to South Carolina and you'll get plenty of use out of your high beams on some of these back roads(Hell, main roads too!)

Click ---->***More Parts and Stuff***<---- Click

Comment

nah, projectors help a ton

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post

lol
              all three sets?!?!
              BAMM!

Going through the motions for the thrill of it
              MEMBER'S RIDE__________________________FOR SALE THREAD
              Sold to: PhatAccord, Darkcloud, jhondayaaj, greenefsi
              Bought from: lokuputha, casterX, jhondayaaj, PhatAccord, blizzard335, Night Wolf, BatmannamtaB, Billkisme

Comment

So i guess ima only get opinions instead of a actual pic

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                  So i guess ima only get opinions instead of a actual pic
                  Can't you just park your car against a wall and turn on the high-beams. Then use your imagination and picture the light being whiter and 2x brighter?

Comment

Originally posted by usc View Post
                    Can't you just park your car against a wall and turn on the high-beams. Then use your imagination and picture the light being whiter and 2x brighter?
                    man you a ra-tard go away

Comment

lol.

I'm the retard, eh? Apparently the concept of beam pattern escapes you. Assuming you're slapping in a 9005 HID kit in there, the beam pattern would be identical because the filament position (or in this case, the capsule position) would be exactly the same. So all you get is whiter light @ 2x the brightness because 9005 halogen bulbs are (or at least were) traditionally rated at 1700 lumens.

But you don't need to listen to me. Just buy a HID retrofit and slap it in and see for yourself. They're dirt cheap these days anyway.

Comment

wow.. h22a91cb7.. you have no idea wtf your talking to...

glad to see you in these parts usc...

and kudos for your points on how ignorant this man is. and truly doesnt see that an hid kit is worthless without a proper retrofit

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                          wow.. h22a91cb7.. you have no idea wtf your talking to...

glad to see you in these parts usc...

and kudos for your points on how ignorant this man is. and truly doesnt see that an hid kit is worthless without a proper retrofit

Comment

Working...
                          X