NO CUTTING retrofits!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO CUTTING retrofits!!!

Ok, so I see a lot of threads on here asking about how good ebay projectors are because people don't want to go through the hassle of doing a retrofit and are scared to cut up there headlights. Well, one of my interests is HID lighting. I'm a member on hidplanet.com and There has been a recent breakthrough in HID technology.
    The link I'm posting is to a bi-xenon projector which has a solenoid like the TL projectors for high and low beams. The projector is super compact with a water clear lense. A member on hidplanet who always tests projectors when they hit the market compared these to acura TL projectors and they were almost equal in output but the mini had an arguably better high beam.
    mini H1- http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...2f204f7a13c9bf

Mini H1 projector vs. Acura TL-

Now the way you mount this projector is quite simple. There is a threaded collar on the back of the projector which threads through the bulb hole on your stock headlights, then you screw a collar on the back and essentially sandwhich the projector and reflector together. You then place a projector shroud over the front of the projector. It uses an H1 hid kit bulb which can be bought cheap from places like ddm. No cutting is involved, just open your headlights place the projector in, put the shroud on and close your headlights back up and you have a retrofit with output that will be comparable to TL's.

Just another option for those who want great ligthing, but are not confident in cutting up a good set of headlights.
    Last edited by av6g6; 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM.

My 6th gen accord thread
    99 Miata

i never ever had a prob with my ebay projectors lighting output.

inside the projector theres a half moon shaped piece of metal held in with a screw, take that out and your lighting is 10x better, the light beam goes farther than the cutout point (plate in) with the plate out
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You sir deserve to have your headlights smashed in then smashed in some more. The cutoff shield is a SHIELD, it shields other drivers from being blinded by a high beam projector which is essentially what you made. I can also guarantee you the the ebay projectors you have which are halogen projectors are nowhere near as wide as the minis posted or the TL or any other HID projector, not even close. yeah they may shine far, but I guarantee they are like pencil beams with the hotspot shining straight in front of the car and nowhere else. But now they are just high beam projectors.
      Sorry if I am coming off as somewhat as a douche, but the one thing I can't stand is driver who only think about themselves and not the safety of other drivers.

My 6th gen accord thread
      99 Miata

Comment

i did think of other drivers, i faced my lights more inward than out, drove like that for sometime with no probs.

there was 1 time tho... my projector got all loose from the bumps in te road, and my driver side light was all vertical, looked like a spot light, you can see the beam shooting up.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

exactly how "mini" are these? the lense diameter looks to be the same of the tsx projector.

Click picture to see my mrt
          Instagram: sikz6

Comment

The lense is a replica clear lense for the fx-r projector and it is 2.5" in diameter.
            The projector itself has the dimensions listed below
            height-2.85"
            length-5.5"
            width-3.25"
            In comparison to the tsx projectors below
            height-3.35"
            length-6.15"
            width-4.75"

So they are smaller in every aspect of the tsx except they still have a clear 2.5" lense, but they are bi-xenon also.

My 6th gen accord thread
            99 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
              The lense is a replica clear lense for the fx-r projector and it is 2.5" in diameter.
              The projector itself has the dimensions listed below
              height-2.85"
              length-5.5"
              width-3.25"
              In comparison to the tsx projectors below
              height-3.35"
              length-6.15"
              width-4.75"

So they are smaller in every aspect of the tsx except they still have a clear 2.5" lense, but they are bi-xenon also.
              good stuff. thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Wow so that would be great if I didn't have to cut anything up! Looks like they're going for $135 is that right? What else do I need to purchase for a retro with these?

"Live While You Live & Just Be Happy"

Comment

Originally posted by jazzmasterx View Post
                  Wow so that would be great if I didn't have to cut anything up! Looks like they're going for $135 is that right? What else do I need to purchase for a retro with these?
                  The only other thing you would need would be an H1 HID kit, ddm or any other kit would work. ddm are going dirt cheap, but shipping takes some time.
                  Also yes, $135.00 is what they cost, that includes the shrouds to cover the projectors once you install them.

My 6th gen accord thread
                  99 Miata

Comment

sorry if the info was in your second link but when i clicked on it. it said i had to log in to the site

Comment

hmm interesting, price is similar to market value for some tsx projectors but it is attracting not needing to cut my headlights.

I just have a d4r hid kit though, not a h1..hmm.

Comment

^ddm's replacement bulbs are only 10 dollars if you already have a kit.

I also edited the first post to show the pic of the mini h1 vs the acura TL instead of linked to hidplanet.

My 6th gen accord thread
                        99 Miata

Comment

i found these for 100 shipped, but no shrouds...
                          http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                            i found these for 100 shipped, but no shrouds...
                            http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html
                            Yeah, as far as anyone knows those are the exact same ones, but no one has actually bit the bullet and tried the ones straight from china.

My 6th gen accord thread
                            99 Miata

Comment

Very awesome alternative. I wish these were around when I did my retrofit.

Any installed pics of the Mini's? I'd like to see how they size up in an average headlight housing.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X