Anyone like retrofits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone like retrofits?

So, I've had a tsx retrofit in my car for the past couple months, but I've come to be unsatisfied with it with all the other options available. So I traded an Ipod for some lexus rx330 projectors. The rx projectors are made by koito which also makes the s2000 projector. They are very similar and have similar performance.

I swapped bmw e30 clear lenses on them. I'm now started on a retrofit again for my 6th gen and will be posting the progress on here as I go. After I get it done I will be using the tsx projectors on a member's cb7 on here and will be posting that progress in this thread as well. For right now though the tsx projectors are still on my car, so stay tuned for updates. Hopefully it will help some others wanting to retrofit their own lights.

UPDATE:

So I kept working a little while after the first post.
    I made the brackets to mount the projectors to which will bolt to the bottom of the stock reflector so that the cutoff beam will be level.

I then drilled the holes to bolt them to the projectors.

Next I'll be drilling the holes on the bottom of the bracket to bolt to the reflector.

UPDATE:
    So, I made some more progress tonight, but I am at a standstill while waiting for some shrouds to clean it up a bit.
    The brackets I made in the second pic mount to the reflector like so.

It's a pretty tight fit because the 6th gen headlight is relatively small.

This is the first retro I've done though where I didn't have to hack the back up one bit, makes me feel so much better about this one.

UPDATE: Another one, I finally got the drivers to be able to upload pics from the good camera, so picture quality will be a little better now.
    Anyway, I taped up my headlight trim in order to blackhouse them and painted them tonight.
    Before

After inside the lens cover

Now pics of the projectors all mounted up.

Below is a picture of the lens covers just placed loosely on the headlights to give an idea of the headlight together. When it is completely finished the low beam will have a shroud over the projector and be painted black instead of chrome.

Below are pics of the tsx retrofit that these are replacing and a pic of the cb7 that my tsx projectors will be going into.

Going into.
    *I also did the fog lights on this car.
    Last edited by av6g6; 05-03-2010, 11:23 PM.

My 6th gen accord thread
    99 Miata

retrofit ftw i love the light output

my left headlight is perfect but my right is blah lol

Comment

Are those TL projectors? My first retrofit was kinda rough, this is my third attempt and I kinda have a better understanding of the process.

My 6th gen accord thread
      99 Miata

Comment

I almost forgot the most important picture. This is after an e30 clear lens swap. The color gets thicker and turns to a deeper bluer/purple from further away. And the rainbow effect above the cutoff shield is from me bending the squirrel finder down which is a small window in the cutoff shield to allow light to escape to illuminate road signs overhead such as on interstates. Should make for an interesting light show for anyone who sees me going over a bump, LOL. I will also take pics of the tsx cutoffs to compare to these when I take them out of the current retrofit. I can't wait to have these in.

My 6th gen accord thread
        99 Miata

Comment

thats badass. what kind of shroud did you use? i was seeing what kinds i can use to. gatling gun perhaps?

edit: i see you didn't use a shroud...

Be Clean

Comment

Yeah, when I do the tsx's in the cb, I'm probably just going to paint the reflector and projector the same color black like the one above, It's just much easier that way and looks good. You could also look into vaccum forming though, I want to try that out, but I need to make a jig to hold the polycarbonate.

My 6th gen accord thread
            99 Miata

Comment

I see you've been doing some studying, I plan on modding some H1 mini when I get them.
              Good work, keep it up!
              cb007
              first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

wow great find and great lights
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Progress updated in the first post.

P.S. welcome back everybody.

My 6th gen accord thread
                  99 Miata

Comment

sexy!!

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                    too bad seattle silver's are the best.
                    ACCORD MEET MAY 29th 2010

Comment

since you mounted the projectors in your reflector housing, can you adjust your lights using the factory adjuster?, if not don't forget to adjust your projectors installed on the car without the lens on before sealing them up.
                      cb007
                      first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

I retain full adjustment just like factory. There's also adjustability in my custom mounts as well. I should have more adjustability than what was factory. So I'll put them on the car, get a rough aim, then fine tune it with the factory adjustments. There will be no glue/jb weld/epoxy anywhere in the projector assembly, just on the shroud. All of my previous retros have been the same way.

My 6th gen accord thread
                        99 Miata

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

These are now in the mail and should be here in about three days. retrofitsource monthly specials ftw. reg. price is 50+shipping, monthly sell got them for 20 shipped.

I'll also be blackhousing the headlights tomorrow so should still have some updates.

My 6th gen accord thread
                            99 Miata

Comment

Another update in post 1 and better picture quality.

My 6th gen accord thread
                              99 Miata

Comment

Working...
                              X