Reflector in headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflector in headlights

Ok since with the JDM 1 piece the design of the reflector causes the beam pattern to point towards incoming traffic, is it possible to swap reflectors with a USDM headlights ? Another question will the problem be solve with OEM HID retrofit since the reflector is removed. Basically from my understanding, on the healights FAQ, the issue is only with the reflector in the headlights. Mind you i dunno how it looks like inside i never opened my headlights
    U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Bump
    What no1 knows?
    U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the usdm reflector will not fit in the jdm housing, since the usdm reflectors are 1 piece and the jdm have 2 piece.

As long as you aim the projectors correctly you should have no problem with your beam pattern.

Comment

Yea aim is key. Also, paint the flat mirror on the bottom of your light black to reduce glare.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

the housing on the jdm headlights in itself is very different from the usdm version. also the jdm headlights use h4/h1 bulbs as low/high beam while usdm healights use 9006/9005. with the difference in bulbs, the reflectors will be very different as well.

just as wickid pointed out, the usdm reflectors are one piece while the jdm are two. check the pics below for reference.

to answer you HID question, there is no way to get rid of the flare caused by the jdm reflector design without some serious alerations to light output.
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
            to answer you HID question, there is no way to get rid of the flare caused by the jdm reflector design without some serious alerations to light output.
            When i mentioned HID retrofit i was talking about projector retrofit. Don't u have to remove the reflector in the headlights?

Comment

I have seen it done with the reflector and without it. It all depends on how you want it to look. I myself will be attemping to transplant some E46 single xenon projectors into my jdm headlights using the reflector as a mounting piont.

If that doesn't come out how i want it to, then i'll try with the E46 Bi-xenons instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickid93Accord
                I have seen it done with the reflector and without it. It all depends on how you want it to look. I myself will be attemping to transplant some E46 single xenon projectors into my jdm headlights using the reflector as a mounting piont.

If that doesn't come out how i want it to, then i'll try with the E46 Bi-xenons instead.
                Aren't the e-46 projector gonna be a tight fit? Our headlights are not that big. I Myself gonna use tsx projector or s2000 since they're small enuf.

Comment

Working...
                X