Neon install without a bodykit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neon install without a bodykit?

can it be done? i want to get some neons for my car (call me a ricer if you wish) but i want them to look good. i don't want the bars to be visible. i don't plan on getting a body kit, so i want to know if it's possible to hide them on the stock underside.

also, where can I find a good deal on neons? i shopped around, and there are some kits for like 120 that seem pretty decent.

ur gunna throw that 120 right out the window. they break in now time from rocks and junk and after a while of being on this site u will hate them

Comment

supposedly the good ones are cased in lexan, which is supposedly tough. i dunno. is there a way to put them in so they aren't so close to the ground? i need to get under my car more!

Comment

LED ones won't break, because its not like a neon tube where it has to be intact.

After being on the site you'll hate them? The members brainwash you?...if he wants neon, let the man do it.

If you're going to post, at least answer what his question.

and now for an answer.

Front and back will work, tho sides might be hard to cover up. If you have a front lip of any kind, you can hide it.

Comment

i might install a 5th gen lip. i saw those around on the site hear and they look good.

LEDs suck i hear, since they don't show a uniform pattern. more of a shine and not a glow. i don't want that. i want my car to look like those civics in the fast and the furious!!! lol (seriously though...)

Comment

While that's true, I do believe its centered around the amount of LED's, the beam angle, and how low to the ground.

Just don't go off-roading and you'll be fine.

Comment

With enough time, effort, and money, anything can be done.

Remember the car pyramid. Fast, reliable, cheap. You can only ever have two...
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Can you Install neons without a body kit? That is honestly the one of the dumbest questions i've ever heard. Of course you can do it! Whether or not you can see the rods depends on how shitty of a job you do installing them. But it most certainly can be done.
                If your worried about them breaking, go to home deopt and get some clear plastic tubing to fit, and slide the rods in. The plastic will protect them. Also the LED ones would work too.
                If you want em for cheap, get em off ebay, >$60 shipped.

Comment

Working...
                X