35w 3500k hid's in stock housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35w 3500k hid's in stock housing

I hate to be that guy but the reason for me asking is... The other night I was driving home from a friends house late and out in the back roads with no street lights. I almost didn't see a family of deer (3) crossing the road. Then as I shook it off and continued I realized how bad my lights suck when theres no other cars out lights around.

So is anyone using a 35w hid set up in your stock housing?

Like I said I hate to be that guy but $300 won't come around for a while to get projector retrofit stuff.

I'm thinking if I get the 35w instead of the 55w and a warmer temperature bulb like 3500k-5000k, then blackhouse everything but the back of the housing and also paint the sides of the glass to help cutoff glare it might not be too bad. ??

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

i'm running 35 8000k on my stock headlights, its true there's not that much output but here in L.A all street lights have light and 505 of the cars are either running HIDs on stock headlights or the newer cars with projectors so i have no problems with visibility lol now that i installed my jdm headlights i gotta say, the output of the lights have improve by like a 10-15% =]

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Can you post a pic on this thread?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I had 4600k I think...took em out because they were way to bright and blinding at night
        1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
        2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Were they 35w or 55w?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

35w
            1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
            2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Hmm I think I'm just gunna have to try it myself. With the blackhousing and painting the glass

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

this is with the usdm headlights

this is with the jdm headlights,

using the same set of HIDs

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

I don't think 3500k will be that blinding since it's more yellowish that what most people put in their car (The other I was blinded by some douchebag in his pickup truck with green HIDs, I just wanted to punch him in the face), as long as you aim them a bit lower you should be bothering anyone. My neighbor has 3000k HIDs in his reflector housing and they don't blind at all. So you should be good

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Yah I hate big lifted trucks that have hids. Theres this monster lifted ram or silverado with blue hid headlights, fogs, plus mirror lights and clearance makers. Its basicly a laser light show driving by.

I'll order some stuff probably this next week

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                      Yah I hate big lifted trucks that have hids. Theres this monster lifted ram or silverado with blue hid headlights, fogs, plus mirror lights and clearance makers. Its basicly a laser light show driving by.

I'll order some stuff probably this next week
                      something like this lol --->

You might want to try a lower temp bulb if youre trying to see better, the higher temp the more blue they are and the less you see.. Not the same but I bought 80 watt Nokya 5000k's for my lows and 65 watt nokya 2500k's for my highs. Freakin awesome how much better I can see now. The 5K's are nice and bright and white with the smallest hint of blue, they look like hids in color, the 2.5ks are a nice bright yellow and lights up what the lows dont get.

Comment

Pretty much

I just looked and the regular headlight bulbs are 51w. Would 35w hid's be less bright?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

TRS has a 50% off sale on untuned Mini H1 projectors right now since you said you can't afford the full price at the moment. I actually purchased a set myself and they came out pretty nice. Adjusting them really isn't difficult (if they need adjustment at all). Don't know if you wanted to go that route, but just giving you a heads up.

Comment

These? Not sure what you mean by untuned.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Yup those. They normally fine tune the projector to make sure cutoff is straight, light output is even as possible, etc. You just have to email or call them so they can create a special order for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X