ddm hid's not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ddm hid's not working?

Hey everyone. I just got my 5000k 35 watt hid kid from ddm tuning today. I open the box, put on gloves, and go to work. Got it all installed and they dont work I checked for voltage at the ballest, it's there. However no output. I dont know what further things to do and i dont know if i should suspect the bulbs or the ballasts. Reguardless, it's a brand new kit and id be understanding if one light doesnt work. But both? Yes i've considdered user error but ive watched install vids and everything looks correct. Any input? thanks!

If it has amp style inputs, try reversing the polarity.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Problem solved! Thanks alot for your quick reply. I appreciate it! Do you know why that solved it though? Obviously the polarities weren't the same and now they are. But why would the ballast be reversed?

Comment

No problem, bud.

Not really sure why, but it seems to be a very common problem with PnP kits. It's usually a 50/50 shot when people instal them for the first time. You either get it right or get it wrong.

Same thing happened to me with my first kit.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I know this isnt relating to your problem, which has already been solved, but for the sake of not creating a new thread i just got my DDM tuning order in and i must say the Bulbs they are NOW using compared to literally a couple years ago are on the way hella cheap side.

a 5th grader could have packaged my order better and i mean this with all sincerity. i also had mounting hardware rusted / pitted and also some missing. Just a word of warning to those considering future orders. DDM is still cheaper than most and their warranty ( if honored ) is still the best but quality has certainly taken a turn for the worst in the most recent years in my experiences doing business with them.

frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I ordered some DDM HIDs for my roommate and friend a few months ago. Came in nice packaging and stuff.

Just received my DDM HIDs last week, and I totally agree with you.

Mine came in a box straight off the boat from China, and were packaged all in unmarked boxes, no instructions, no Apexcone decals or anything. Ballasts and everything are different from the previous ones I've purchased.

However, I have never had an issue with their products, and neither have my friends, so I can vouch that they are the absolute best bang for the buck out there.

Comment

Ever since they started shipping straight from china everything went to shit. Won't recommend them anymore.

I had two kits on my CB back in the day, they were solid and never had problems(once every few months one side wouldn't fire on first try, that's it)

My friend got a kit for his 2011 Taurus, suppose to be 4500k, way too blue, sometimes they don't fire, or one does. Totally crappy.
              wat?

Comment

I just got the 4500s too, and they are much more blue than I expected, but significantly whiter than 6000, so really, side by side the 4500s look white, so I can't complain.

I think the visibility with the 4500s is way better than the 6000s.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  I just got the 4500s too, and they are much more blue than I expected, but significantly whiter than 6000, so really, side by side the 4500s look white, so I can't complain.

I think the visibility with the 4500s is way better than the 6000s.
                  Definitely, but I remember when I got my OG DDM kit, 5000k it was way whiter, looked like oem 4300k (white with the violet tint).
                  wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    Ever since they started shipping straight from china everything went to shit. Won't recommend them anymore.

X2 on that brother =D
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                    X