Projector fog light upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projector fog light upgrade.

I have H3 Projector fog lights and want to upgrade to an HID fog light kit. Does anyone have any experience doing this? What are some affordable HID kits/brands? Thanks in advance.

Foglights are not meant to be extremely bright...why does everyone want hids in their foglights anyways? Go drive in foggy conditions or whatever and turn on your brights...what happens? All that light is reflected back to you causing unsafe conditions. They are meant to cut through it so just keep what ever is supposed to be in them. Thank you.
    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
      Foglights are not meant to be extremely bright...why does everyone want hids in their foglights anyways? Go drive in foggy conditions or whatever and turn on your brights...what happens? All that light is reflected back to you causing unsafe conditions. They are meant to cut through it so just keep what ever is supposed to be in them. Thank you.
      you mentioned high beams causing glare. it is not just the fact that they are brighter, if they were 55 watts then they would still cause glare but not as intense.
      they cause glare b/c they spread light above eye level as opposed to fogs which spread it below eye level.

if they weren't meant to be bright why do some vehicles come with stock hid fogs as opposed to halogen fogs?

if the fogs are properly aligned then the lumen output shouldn't play that much of a role in glare being bounced back at you.
      now if they are hid bulbs in halogen housings then the focal point of the bulb has more to do with glare towards yourself b/c the light is just spread everywhere instead of below eye level

OP notice how i said hid bulbs in halogen housings, this will cause the light to be no where near as focused as the original design and you may not like it as much or you may love it like many other people nowadays, especially in my area.
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
      X