Yellow high beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow high beams

I have seen several cars that the high beam housing looks yellow without the lights being on. Is that just from putting the yellow HID bulbs in there? i think it looks good, how is it on lighting?

yellow halogen bulb reflection. HID bulbs have no colour when not lit.

Comment

You don't need yellow HID to get that look. Most people don't even put HID's in the highbeam. Just get a yellow 9005 halogen and put it in there. The yellow shines off the reflective housing (even when its not on) and creates the look, not to mention when you turn your highbeams on it'll be yellow.

Or you can open up your headlights and paint the highbeam reflector yellow. That'll give you a more pronounced look.

Personally if you are going to do this I suggest just getting the yellow halogen. It looks decent and completely reversible.

Comment

sounds good, will my brights still be fairly bright? or will they be a little crappy cuz the yellow light?

Comment

I have Putco Pure Jet Yellow Halogens 12v 65w for highs. Had Nokya`s, but these are better, more a "deeper yellow." They are awesome as a high beam, super bright and cuts out glare, you won`t be disappointed.
          Last edited by DanCan; 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post

I have Putco Pure Jet Yellow Halogens 12v 65w for highs. Had Nokya`s, but these are better, more a "deeper yellow." They are awesome as a high beam, super bright and cuts out glare, you won`t be disappointed.
            sweet thanks!

Comment

click my sig link
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

^^^^^Very Nice SoySauce^^^^^

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
                  click my sig link
                  didnt work XD

EDIT: not right password apparently..

Comment

I had yellow 3000k's in my low beams for a little while. Fantastic visibility, no glare. I loved them.

As a high beam, they're even better. They're super bright and cut through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      I had yellow 3000k's in my low beams for a little while. Fantastic visibility, no glare. I loved them.

As a high beam, they're even better. They're super bright and cut through everything.
                      awesome! thanks! i hope its not too much of a pain in the ass to get that bumper off...

Comment

Why are you taking your bumper off?

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                          Why are you taking your bumper off?
                          Gotta remove the bumper to get those lights out right?

Comment

To remove the glass/housing and mounting brackets, yeah. To remove the bulbs, no.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                              To remove the glass/housing and mounting brackets, yeah. To remove the bulbs, no.
                              BREAKING NEWS: I am a complete jackass.... So how do the bulbs get out? (feel free to smack me for the bullshit question, its dark and cold outside to go look) you cant access them from the engine compartment can you? i thought you needed to remove the bumper to get to the sockets to putttt... http://www.ebay.com/itm/9005-Headlig...650#vi-content those bad boys in there..

Comment

Working...
                              X