Bumper running light/blinkers help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper running light/blinkers help

i used brake light sockets in my 90lx front bumper lights, to get them to turn on as running lights, and blink with a 1157 bulb, and it worked great!

however in my 93ex its not working...?!?! three wires on the brake light socket (red/wblack stripe - orange - and black), to the two wires from the bumper light(green - turn n black), and ran a running light wire up to the corner light.

i cant get the low side of the 1157 bulb(red/w black) to get power for some reason... no matter which wire, (signal or running light) that i connect to the high side (orange wire) that will work...

am i missing something? people have used a 92-95 civic corner light socket so ive read, but isint this the same as my brake light socket? or is there something special about the civ socket?

i dont want hyper blinkers thats ghetto... there has to be a way to do this!

ideas?

im not sure about the rear light sockets, but i used civic sockets and i havent had any problems with it. plus they fit the lights perfect.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      im not sure about the rear light sockets, but i used civic sockets and i havent had any problems with it. plus they fit the lights perfect.
      i have heard that they fit perfect.... but is it three wires, and connect to three wires, and bam signal/runing lights?! that would be exactly what i want then...

wonder if it uses the 1157 bulbs i just bought for 8$

Comment

i have use the brake light socket on my 93 cb and it works fine no problem at all

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
          i have use the brake light socket on my 93 cb and it works fine no problem at all
          If u used brake sockets then something I'm doing is wrong... What bulbs did u use?

I mush have a bad socket or the running light wire cuts out when connected.. Something is a miss.

Comment

Socket was missing inner nipple for running light side.. That happens when you get your parts from a jy... Driver side works great and after some searching I found wiring from an old socket to fix! WHAMMO! RL and blinkers in the bumper with brake sockets!

Comment

congrats.
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
              X