Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I gots a question about the headlights..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gots a question about the headlights..

I finally got around to fixing my taillights. The brake lamp light was on, and finally I am pissed..so I fix it. Turns out it was a loose bulb in the driver's rear light. You know how u gotta twist the bulb int oplace? well, the connector was just bad, and so i fixed it..kinda hard to explain, but yeah. I will see how well it works when i get my lowering kit..

Yesterday, at work, I fixed my running lights, by replacing the bulbs. The lights are kinda hard to work on, but they end result rocks! I love a vehicle that fully functions..

I installed some xenon bulbs in the front.they are whiter than the stock sylvanias i got! lol I love em. I can see blue, when they are off, adn white when they are on..my question is how can I make them brighter? true, i did this moments ago, and it is not yet night..but I wanna know what I can do? What is up with that "hexagon looking thingy" covering the lights, in the actual headlight unit? I know it is to refract light, but do I need it? What will happen to the light without it? If I can remove it, then how would I do this? Thanks..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

all that stuff inside the headlight is used to reflect light to make a brighter beam...without it, it would just look like a regular light bulb with light going everywhere but straight ahead...the reflectors are used to reflect straight ahead where you need it. if you want a lil more light, you could go on rsversion.com and they sell a light booster that connects to your headslights to give you a lil more light output making your headlights brighter...i dont know how bright or if theres some actual differance, but maybe someone out there has used this and has some feedback

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I am talking about that thing in the actuall light bucket, that covers teh light bulb, so from head on you cannot see the bulb. I know the housing for the bulb reflects that light forward, but does this hex-shaped object really do much?
      CB7 member number 137
      Black Doubt Crew member #2
      Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

that's there so that the light does not shoot too high and blind other drivers. If you notice the high beam doesn't have that cover for that exact reason.

Comment

no.. not exactly.. that just blocks a tiny bit of glare caused by seeing the filament directly.. it will not become a high beam type output by any means.. the reflector is not a "wide" reflector like the high beam... you are just hiding the filament from view which might cause a tiny bit of glare.. it will not increase light output to the road tho.. the low beam reflector is to keep the light as low as possible.. no amount of modding can change that unless you mod the reflector

Comment

the blue coating on the bulbs is to make the bulb look white.. thats the trick.. there is no "Xenon" gas in the bulb.. and if their is it is to cool the bulb.. Their is no way to make it brighter.. sadly.. You are using bulbs that are cheaply made.. and sadly are LESS BRIGHT than standard halogens.. sadly theyre going to be dim until the day you either get sick of them.. or get Real lights back.

Comment

Working...
            X