how do you get the corners out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you get the corners out?

i looked all over my shop manual and spent about an hour and a half looking at it ( and losing 2 phillips bits in the engine bay) and i still cant figure out how 2 take the corner lenses off my car so i can change the bulbs, then later change to clear corners. how is this done?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

There is one phillips head screw under the hood, unscrew that. Then it's a bit of a pull, but the lenses will pull straight forward and out.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

i tried that, maybe im not pulling hard enough but i dont want 2 break it. the bottom connecting point seems to have a metal pin in it, do i still just pull it out? (sorry havent looked at it since then, will try 2morrow. its late.)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yup, has a pin, it slips into a rubber mount.

Under the hood, it's an L-shaped arm that comes off the corner light, can't miss it.

When I pulled mine, I had to gingerly use a screwdriver between the light and the fender to get it out. Does pull straight forward though.
        Bart: What's your name?
        Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

use rag between the fender and the screwdriver as to not scratch the paint not to hard either you may tweak the edge or the fender i used a little wd40 on the pins to help ease them a little more
          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Here, try this: http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/AccordM...400/16-172.pdf

Comment

Good call, I used silicone when installing a replacement corner light to reduce the chance of breaking the pins on the housing.
              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
              X