Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    lsdiodes.com has a good explanation.

looks like he wired series rows of 5 LEDs all hooked up in parallel to the power source, and used resistors (he gave ohms) before all the whole setup. depends on the voltage rating of the leds you use, make sure you find the link in the guide above to metku's "led calculator" he used two different resistors for the two brightnesses, by varying the milliamps/current.

pay attention to the wattage that each series string ('column') will be pulling through the resistor, and get a resistor big enough to handle it. though the more 'columns' you add, at a certain point itd be worthwhile to just use multiple resistors, each one powering its own set. he was fine because its not a large array. you could probably get away with a single resistor for each section of the tail, which would be perfect, because you could wire it right to the stock bulb sockets...

btw, custom LED tails are something ive been planning on doing for a long time now i picked up a pair of 1156(tail)-based H3 foglight bulbs, they should be super bright as reverse lights there was a thread about them, i forget where i got them from. havent tried either yet, LEDs can get expensive (single are 60c each) if you order a lot... though this auction doesnt seem to be a bad deal. i would assume 5000mcd would be plenty brightness, and it says you can pick whatever colors for the 100pcs. order two sets and have extra
    I was going to go with http://www.superbrightleds.com/ I dont mind paying a little more for lights that will last longer than the car. I only want to do it once.

I was looking at the Y5615 for turn sigs $.18 each 5600 mcd @ 15*
    R5015 Stop lights $.18 each 5000 mcd @ 15*

I am looking at 176 LEDs for both turn sigs and 446 LEDs for all four stop lights.
    I My Honda
    Check out my Ride Here
    09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment

wow that eclipse taillight was insane.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

theres this guy on torontoaccords.com named takuto who does these LED brakelight projects. Hes done it on his 5th gen and his yaris. heres a link to some of his work. http://forums.torontoaccords.com/vie...ghlight=takuto maybe you can contact him and ask for help.
        Hold On Not Done Accelerating
        Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34
          theres this guy on torontoaccords.com named takuto who does these LED brakelight projects. Hes done it on his 5th gen and his yaris. heres a link to some of his work. http://forums.torontoaccords.com/vie...ghlight=takuto maybe you can contact him and ask for help.
          looks like hes using sflux leds... better output but definitely more expensive...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

are those Leds really focused, or do they distribute light nicely enough for tails?

Originally posted by kc8enb07
            does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Working...
            X