Cleaning out 3rd Brake Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning out 3rd Brake Light

OK, I know the two bolts in the trunk but I cant take it out or off to clean it out? What am I not doing?

you need to pull out the rear deck panel... fold down the rear seat, take the side bolsers and pull the paneling off, and pull upward to pop all the clips, and pull it out towards you.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

you should see mine, I have about 2 or 3 dead bugs inside where the light is. I dont know how they get there.

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
        you should see mine, I have about 2 or 3 dead bugs inside where the light is. I dont know how they get there.

same as mine

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I had three im down to two lol. I tried prying around but as mentioned i think the only way is to remove the rear deck. I pryed around on my 92 and didnt get me no where.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've been wondering... that High Mount brake light is like the only thing on our cars that you can't customize... I mean... there is no clear High Mount brake lights that you can buy and put a red bulb in right? No "JDM" High Mount brake light? So, have you guys ever seen anything different done?
            Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Yeah a factory spoiler with a brake light in it.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Good luck getting to that area to clean it. Many who wanted to, decided against it after realizing all of the effort--unless already needing to do that. Don't forget that also means removing the rear speakers.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

me too!!

Originally posted by accordoholic
                  i got one in there thats been there for like 5 years now that i moved from ny to az its changed colors lol

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem
                    i got one in there thats been there for like 5 years now that i moved from ny to az its changed colors lol
                    Ok guyz .. know what I did ? And dont laff .. it fawkin worked purfect!
                    I'm from the Tim Allen school .. in terms of doing things *the supercharged way*.

Harr harrr .. yeahh .. Well, I got me a leaf blower babyy .. gas operated mother fawker..
                    Cranked her up and full throttled that bitch .. you know the kind that have that flexible end nozzle ?
                    Yeah .. thats what I'm talkin about .. almost blew the color offa my rear deck!
                    Bugs be gone dood .. I might just carry that bitch around with me, and de fog the windows
                    when its rainin outside .. vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                    Tomi
                    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-19-2006, 06:47 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                      Ok guyz .. know what I did ? And dont laff .. it fawkin worked purfect!
                      I'm from the Tim Allen school .. in terms of doing things *the supercharged way*.

Harr harrr .. yeahh .. Well, I got me a leaf blower babyy .. gas operated mother fawker..
                      Cranked her up and full throttled that bitch .. you know the kind that have that flexible end nozzle ?
                      Yeah .. thats what I'm talkin about .. almost blew the color offa my rear deck!
                      Bugs be gone dood .. I might just carry that bitch around with me, and de fog the windows
                      when its rainin outside .. vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi
                      LMFAO!! i did the same thing except it was electric blower this method really does work

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                        same as mine

same here. they've been there years

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

meh...an air compressor worked for me.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                          ----
                          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Working...
                          X