Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Head Bulb and Replace With White Ones !HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Head Bulb and Replace With White Ones !HELP!

Ok..I am planning to change my head light low/high bulbs to white ones I need help on finding something that will look good and cost less than 20 bucks. I also need instructions on how to take out and change the headlight on my 1993 Accord EX/SE/LX(dunno which) Anyone out there to guide me or let me know thanks. I looked on ebay and i know theres allot there. Someone told me silverstar h3/ some 9005(high(/9006(low) I dont know which to get. and even if I did how to change them? The manual shows everyother replacing BUT headlights!
    Help me out..hehe

well your lows are 9006 and highs are 9005 you could always do a 9005 conversion for your lows. next time look at that the stickies in the lighting forum it'll answer most of your questions and a search wouldnt hurt ya

Comment

silverstars = teh bomb!
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

I am ordering up silverstars 9005's to do the 9005 conversion. Then get h7's for my OEM fogs. I would get a second set of 9005 for my highbeams, but one of them doesn't light up. Which reminds me, I should post about that

Comment

I think I get it but, whats a 9005 conversion? how would i change them??

Comment

a 9005 conversion is basically taking a 9005 bulb and modifying the base to fit into the 9006 slot. its brighter and gives better visiibilty then using a 9006 bulb as a low beam. here's the guide to doing the conversion

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...005+conversion

Comment

Thanks Blk EX Coupe

But now how do I need to take the bulbs out. I see a black circular thing on the back on the headlights. I cant seem to take it apart.??

Im thinking of making the corner/bumper covers to clear and making the license lights white as well along with the dome light. I first wanna do this head light, cause it seems to be the hardest out of all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvrb15
                But now how do I need to take the bulbs out. I see a black circular thing on the back on the headlights. I cant seem to take it apart.??

Im thinking of making the corner/bumper covers to clear and making the license lights white as well along with the dome light. I first wanna do this head light, cause it seems to be the hardest out of all of them.
                rotate the black ring as if it were a nut, unscrew it counterclockwise... should turn a bit and stop, that released the bulb.

about makign the bumpers clear, if you make the lenses clear and use clear bulbs as blinkers, thats illegal, and you can get in trouble in most places. if u use clear lenses you gotta get some amber bulbs, so the light comes out amber.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks....Ill try it. I can make the bumper clear with the white still tho? I was trying to take aprat the corner lense according to the manual, but it didnt come off...is it glued? HEHE....

Comment

lol welcome man.. seems you a lil new to the lighting scene.. well yes the best hyperwhite is silverstars. dont fall for the eBay shit like i did and almost all of the damn car modder world did, which is why i finally am getting HID's.. well 9005 convert those bitches and ul enjoy the color of white and great vision.

Comment

the only way the bumpers can be clear with white is if you run them as fogs. the second they signal they must be amber.. so u must decide, Fogs or signals/
                      Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-17-2004, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xplode
                        the only way the bumpers can be clear with white is if you run them as fogs. the second they signal they must be amber.. so u must decide, Fogs or signals/
                        Thanks man....yea..im new to the lighting scene...i didnt want to do it at first but then decided to...what the hell..heh...how much do you think the silverstars would cost me if i dont buy from ebay? and what do I need to get exactly? I dunno if autobarn/pepboys have them I will have to chekc it out i guess... I am hoping to not do the filing down for the conversions..i dont wanna screw things up since its my first time doing it all....I dont know how to do the fog light thing..so i might have to keep them as is..unless i get them done from outside. Its gonna look stupid no?? with the white heads..and the amber side and bumper? I dunno..

I just wanna take out the originaly bulbs..and pop in the new white ones..lol....nutthin more..no filing or sizing them corners..hehe...

How much do you think i might get charged if I get it done professionaly from the shops?

How could I take apart the corners? they seem to be stuck in place. I unscrewed the part i need to according to manual. But they dont come off..I cracked one of them lil bit..nutthin major..damn things still in there!
                        Last edited by Silvrb15; 04-17-2004, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Well since I was noobie at one time, and still a noobie at a lot of other things. The best advice I can give you is that you have to try to learn.

When I got my honda, I started wiring in LED's and neons so that I would learn the basic of electrical. Now I am wiring in strobe light kits and all other lights into police cars. If I had paid someone to do the neons, then I wouldn't have the job I have now.

Save the professionals for the big stuff. Like when my clutch when out, I just paid someone to do it so I know it was done right since it was a vital part of the cars function.

Comment

Yea...id love to do it myself...I do everything myself from taking apart phones to fixing little things here and there....I took apart the stereo in the car to get it fixed myself, but that was with proper instructions i found online.....half the time i search and search and I cant get anything. If I had them I would do it myself...hehe..Ive been searching in yahoo/google/msn....on directions but never find instructions but for other cars and or the products associated with it.... Im not thinking of getting it done by professional anywayz....unless its only under 50-60 bucks....which I know is not the case..lol...so its not even that big of a deal to me...I want them..but just for looks really...I had a Sentra SE 01....hooked..but was stolen last year..and I was bought this honda..and I want to do sumthing to it that makes it not soo plain so I got the tints...but then saw another car same as my accord with the lights and white as mines...dont want nutthing major cause I dont plan on keeping it for a long time. atleast I dont think so...kinda up to pops...lol...but u never know..hehe..

Comment

bro.. listen man ima help you to do all of this.. hows that sound.. if you want il even give you Step-By-step information shit il even help you while your doing it.. its real easy man. youl feel good sense of accomplishment when u do the conversion.. its worth it.. let me know if u want me to help cus im willing to.. Although il shout at ya on AIM. i added u to my buddylist so when u come on il give ya help with whatever you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X