Question For those with HID kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question For those with HID kits

Well installed my hid's today...pics soon to follow...still gotta aim em and now I know the proper aiming techniques. Anyways, where did you people mount your ballasts? I have like NO room on my driver's side and ended up mounting it right next to my power steering reservoir in that little hole, but one of the wires coming out of the ballast is leaning against the power steering reservoir pretty bad. There's like NO place to mount them. Where did you guys put em? Pics please

thanks much

My members ride thread

ive seen them put on the wheel well. i have pleanty of room just to lay mine flat when i get them because i dont have ps. but yea thats the only place ive ever seen them mounted. what kit did you get and if you dont mind me asking how much?
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

since i took out my cruise control, its mounted on the 'cc' bracket.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

altho i havent mounted them yet, im going to mount them just anywhere i want pretty mcuh, 5th gens have a lot of empty nice space =).. cough 4th gens blow for that cough thats why i didnt bother putting hid on my 4th gen, they had no fucking room. only spot was near the washer fluid filler, and thats a major hazard to mount within like 5 inches of that, instant fire if ballast gets wet.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
          altho i havent mounted them yet, im going to mount them just anywhere i want pretty mcuh, 5th gens have a lot of empty nice space =).. cough 4th gens blow for that cough thats why i didnt bother putting hid on my 4th gen, they had no fucking room. only spot was near the washer fluid filler, and thats a major hazard to mount within like 5 inches of that, instant fire if ballast gets wet.
          thanks for all the suggestions guys

and yep, our 4th gen engine bays SUCK for ballast mounting...looks like pretty much my only clean options are to remove a pre-existing part...I'll analyze the engine bay more carefully today and see what I can come up with

dx: I got an Eagleye 7000k kit w/ hella ballasts for 170 shipped

I'll definitely post up high res. pics by the end of the week...got a chance to kinda aim them last night, and there is absolutely no glare to oncoming traffic and the beam cutoff is much better than I expected (of course the minor rhd flare from the jdm headlights, but nothing distracting to traffic)

My members ride thread

Comment

get pics up nowl =) get some rough shots of the color and stuff for me..

Comment

I took out my washer fluid reservoir and mounted in that huge cavity down there. The motor had gone out and it was just dead weight anyway.

Comment

u dont have washer fluid? wow thats a supid move man..

Comment

Why is that stupid? The motor had gone out and I wasnt planning to replace it. So why is it stupid to remove a reservoir of liquid I am not and will not ever use?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaSound
                    Why is that stupid? The motor had gone out and I wasnt planning to replace it. So why is it stupid to remove a reservoir of liquid I am not and will not ever use?
                    thanks a bunch...that's actually a pretty good idea...I don't even use my windshield wiper fluid anyways...

but I actually found a pretty damn good spot...it's right on top of that little ribbed silver metal 'gadget' which is located right across from the valve cover on the drivers side and in front of the strut tower bolts. Don't know what it is, but it fits perfectly...now I just have to get some zip ties to secure it. I'm taking pics today of everything

My members ride thread

Comment

i said its stupid cus if u get grase or somthing and u cant see you got to pull over or get in a crash.

Comment

Put your battery in the trunk and youll have pleaty of room then!

Comment

battery in the trunk? never heard that one before. but the problem side deathride is on the drivers side, theres nothing to remove.

Comment

That there is not. Unless you want to ditch Cruse Control. (I know i dont)

Comment

Xplode, are you really a moderator?

Comment

Working...
                              X