Comparison pics HID, projector....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison pics HID, projector....

So people always ask, "What's better HID kit or retro or HID kit in stock housings or ... Well, I decided to take some pics of light output in my garage. I used 3 different setups. I just got a hold of a set of projectors that are damn near close to OEM (they even have glass lights) and tested the light output on a wall in my garage with 9006 bulbs. Surprisingly, these projectors had a very nice cutoff beam and a niceoutput as well.

Surprisingly, they even had a tint of blue in the cutoff

Next I took pics of an HID d2s bulb inside this ebay projector. This is a philips d2s bulb.

And this is the light output of the bulb itself hooked up to philips g3 ballasts with my bro holding it

The results were pretty stunning. It actually turned out to have VERY poor light output.

Next I ran my proposed HID setup; philips bulbs ballasts and acura tsx projectors. The sharpness, clarity, and output is phenominal. This is with no mods yet whatsoever.

...adjust accordingly

Oh yea. Go retro. Your gonna love it once its on the car. I have the same setup, TSX with color mod. Its so worth it.
    My Members Ride page!

Comment

Thats what I'm planning on doing. Just showing those that are curious.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Nice comparison. There's a world of difference between the two.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I have seen better outputs with hids and ebay projectors, so I dont see how that could be right. what was the first pic of? the ebay projector has a cutoff, atleast my set does so can you post a better pic. I plan to retrofit mine anyway but im gonna post pics before and after to really compare so I'll post when I get them in.
          Last edited by JTEK24; 11-17-2006, 04:37 PM.
          My CB For Sale

Comment

hey sanchez keep us posted man i want to do this in the near future but with one pieces

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
              I have seen better outputs with hids and ebay projectors, so I dont see how that could be right. what was the first pic of? the ebay projector has a cutoff, atleast my set does so can you post a better pic. I plan to retrofit mine anyway but im gonna post pics before and after to really compare so I'll post when I get them in.
              I though I explained myself but here's the simplest terms.

Pic 1 - Ebay projector with 9006 bulb
              Pic 5 - Ebay Projector with d2s bulb
              Pic 6 - TSX Projector with d2s bulb

I will however retake pics of everything to satisy your concerns because I myself couldn't believe pic 5. Remember I'm not claiming anything, just reporting the evidence, so don't take this as a guidebook.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                hey sanchez keep us posted man i want to do this in the near future but with one pieces
                Yeah, for sure man. Just getting the little extra stuff for the retro now. All major parts are in place.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                  I though I explained myself but here's the simplest terms.

Pic 1 - Ebay projector with 9006 bulb
                  how did you fit a 9006 into a cb7 ebay projector housing?
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                    how did you fit a 9006 into a cb7 ebay projector housing?
                    Some of them might come with the 9006 bulb. That is the only thing I hate about projectors...the variance in quality. Some of them have shitty H1 projectors, some have really good H7 projectors...but there are so many different types it's a gamble. Retroing it is.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

like glory said, that's how this particular projector came. Its' an OEM-like headlight with the only real difference being that is houses a projector in the 9006 spot. It's actually a very nice piece IMO.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

like glory said, that's how this particular projector came. Its' an OEM-like headlight with the only real difference being that is houses a projector in the 9006 spot. It's actually a very nice piece IMO.
                        Ahh, is it the APC headlight that you can use stock corner lights with?

And the D2S bulb didn't work because the focal point is different from a 9006 rebased bulb. I bet if you moved the bulb in and out you could find where it made the beam pattern ideal, and it would match where the 9006 placed the focal point.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if they're APC, but yes the stock corners fit and everything else is the same as an OEM light. As for the HID bulb in the projector, I also believe the poor image is due to the focal point of the lens. When compared to the TSX projector, the ebay projector is not only slighty smaller in diameter but also has a more circular shape where as the tsx projector is curvier and protrudes out more.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if they're APC, but yes the stock corners fit and everything else is the same as an OEM light. As for the HID bulb in the projector, I also believe the poor image is due to the focal point of the lens. When compared to the TSX projector, the ebay projector is not only slighty smaller in diameter but also has a more circular shape where as the tsx projector is curvier and protrudes out more.
                            I'm 98% sure APC is the only company who makes that style of projectors. You have a link to the Ebay seller or auction?

Comment

Oh I get you now, see I have the one piece projectors so thats why it was different, I got you now. but the one pieces Ive seen with the hid bulbs look pretty decent to me besides the slight glare but have a decent cutoff. Like glory said...retrofit it is.
                              My CB For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X