DRL woot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRL woot!

well i finally got my drl working. cpmike will post up soon as well.

i used a module from ebay, and then wired it up with some custom wiring and help from cpmike. also a switch to activate them since they are not designed to work with the highbeams correctly.

i did it to look differnt, cars here in cali doesnt really have drl, well accords that is. and it looks very nice.

i will change the bulbs to hyper white instead of ion yellow...i think it looks cleaner.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

i wired mine up so the H4s are both lowbeams and highbeams, and the inner bulb (h1) is a dedicated DRL. i love it! by the way, its TONS easier to wire up if you have JDM headlights...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

heck yea its easier if u have jdm headlights, how long did i mess with mine..for like a month and a half??!

hahaha. im going to try to get some good day shots, for some reason my camera at 4 MP comes out a bit blurry...

driving at night wiht the drl on though looks nice, lights up road a bit..

ay mike did u notice that when u turn on the highs from the drl that there is barley a diff?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

lol actually, my current H4-high-filament-highbeams arent as bright as my DRLs... so at night, i flick OFF my headlights so my DRLs turn on.

low beams < high beams < DRL

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

my highs and drl...if i have my drl and turn on highs, which i can do with my setup..is barley differnt but just not intense.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

shot with the just the drls on

Retro!

Hater

Comment

You guys pay for DRLs? Mine come on as soon as I release the handbrake...

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                You guys pay for DRLs? Mine come on as soon as I release the handbrake...
                Mine too EH!
                U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

Wedge, your canadian. all the canadian cars come with DRL.. american versions didnt .. Ztech i think your shaking your camera man.. those pics ARE NOT 4MP quality.. i think its u.. get a tripod if ur that un steady. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                    Wedge, your canadian. all the canadian cars come with DRL.. american versions didnt ..
                    Thanks, tips.

My question was a redundant one...I was poking fun.

Comment

I had DRL's but pulled the fuse on them because i hate them...
                      Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

when i first read this i was like WTF? but then i realized that since i am from canada i have drl's factory.. for once i can be truely proud of my country and all it stands for
                        COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangin'
                          when i first read this i was like WTF? but then i realized that since i am from canada i have drl's factory.. for once i can be truely proud of my country and all it stands for
                          man dont talk like that...you have plenty of reasons to be proud of your country....hockey owns, our beer is amazing, and a legal drinking age of 21 is queer.
                          Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

haha... my DRL's dont work.. wanna fix em.

Ya! Go canadian BEER!!

Comment

Originally posted by accord885
                              haha... my DRL's dont work.. wanna fix em.

Ya! Go canadian BEER!!
                              neither do mine man,.,,bye bye fuse,. WOOT
                              Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X