To HID or not to HID...that's the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To HID or not to HID...that's the question

I see a lot of kits on Ebay for ~$300, but they are basically just ballasts and bulbs...probably colored bulbs at that, to make matters worse. I think its possible to piece together a legit projector kit for <$400, but I live in NYC, so accidents and theives are a problem.

So basically I'm starting to consider some halogen alternatives. I've heard nothing but terrible, terrible things about projectors, so I guess that's out of the question...although the things I'm seeing on Ebay seem to be of good quality material-wise. So basically the only option left is a retrofitted halogen projector from either an OEM headlight or a small enough for or driving light. Sorry for the long ass rant...but basically my question is are there any OEM halogen projector bulbs or aftermarket fog light/driving light kits that would fit in the headlight that would have a good beam pattern and nice color? I want an HID-type beam pattern from halogen...is that impossible? And are projectors really, truly that bad?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

ehh. you could get some H7 halogen projectors.. REALLY hard to come across.... now i have never heard of a True oem retro for under 550 dollars.. the average oem retro runs about 700-1,000 for a quality retro with all quality parts.. with a halogen project. if you you it yourself it will cost you prolly 200-300 for the projectors and new bulbs.. but then youd be alright i guess.

Comment

xplode, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the closest he can get to what he wants with halogen are the H7 Valeos.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
      JDM H22
      Port n Polished Int Mani
      Bored TB, maxed
      MSD 6A
      I/H/E
      no cat
      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Yup, Valeo H7's either DOT or ECE would do you Very well..you could even get a pair of hella h7's.. size does matter when it comes to the retros. but id go for the Valeo's

Comment

I have 2004 escalde Hids for sale complete will post picture asap

Comment

Working...
          X