brighter Bumper lense bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brighter Bumper lense bulbs?

if i buy the aftermarket clear bumper lenses for my car can i put brighter bulbs in them like the headlamp bulbs so they will be bright enough to help my night time driving? or would they get too hot and melt the lenses?? I want 2 sets of driving lights in my bumper but dont really know what to do. or what kind to get. i want them to remain somewhat stock looking except all clear and an extra set like some jdm cb7`s. i love the look of dual sets of bumper lenses..

thanx for the help
    H22a swap
    18 speaker audio system
    Tokico Illumina susp. kit
    Motegi FF5 17`s
    VIS racing CF Techno R spoiler

*scratches head*

That might work. Melting might occur, not sure. The only thing I could think is that the reflecting surface direction of the blinker would be different from the foglight, but some double layer eyebrows might fix that. (silver undercoat to reflect light back, and paint over top of silver)

Comment

I think you need a pair of those OEM Fog/Driving light.
      *90 Accord Coupe*

Comment

if you put anything more powerful in that type of cheap plastic housing, it will melt the lense and the housing too. These lenses are made of such cheap plastic that it is not very heat resistant at all, if you want to have brighter lights, pic up a set of OEM fog lights, they are quite costly, but its definately what you are looking for!
        Peace
        If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
        The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
        But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
        EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

i ordered some ultra bright LED`s and i`m going to put around 20-25 in each lense with a piece of polished aluminum behind(reflective) i think this will give me the desired effect the LED`s should be here any day i`ll post pics when i finish.
          H22a swap
          18 speaker audio system
          Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

Please Post these pics, and some progress pics too! If you don't I will be seriously dissapointed!
            Peace
            If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
            The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
            But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
            EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

lol okay i`ll go buy a disposable camera today just for this project so i can have lots of pics the LED`s should be here within the week
              H22a swap
              18 speaker audio system
              Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

Working...
              X