H4 HID bulb..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 HID bulb..

i just got my H4 HID kit and i noticed that the bulbs has a shield on them; my H4 is also a single beam, not the bi-xenon kit. here's an example:

even non-HID H4 bulbs don't have this. was thinking of removing it..can i ? or should i ?
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

thats a casper shield it helps control the light on h4 bulbs. i'd try them out in your car to see how the output is and if you even notice it before you try to take it off.

Comment

..BustedLx told me the same thing. thanx guys
      i did try them on last night, and they looked good. lovin' HIDs i can never go back to halogen bulbs
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i wouldn't recommend removing the shield since it does serve a great purpose. it "shields" the lower half of the housing where the high beam light would reflect. without the shield, there will be alot of glare. but you will be able to see everything for sure . any against-the-wall-from-20 ft-away pics?

i just finished my lexus HID retrofit into my JDM two-pieces today and i'm glad i have the shields to block the unwanted light. you're right about not going back to halogen anymore. HID owns!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

timmy0tool u got some pics of your process and how much did it cost?

Comment

ballast and bulbs cost me $240 shipped. i got some pics of the process. i will be posting them as soon as i aim my headlights tonight and install my front lip since my bumper is already off.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Dont remove the shield.. thats extremely dumb.. you will lose the kit to the cops as soon as your spotted.. causing MAJOR glare lol... it would be like having a SUV running 30 off road lights on the road.. very noticeable and illegal heh

EDIT: You got a 9000k HID? lolz.. bad vision.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                Dont remove the shield.. thats extremely dumb.. you will lose the kit to the cops as soon as your spotted.. causing MAJOR glare lol... it would be like having a SUV running 30 off road lights on the road.. very noticeable and illegal heh

EDIT: You got a 9000k HID? lolz.. bad vision.
                trust me, i didn't remove them..i've been pulled over twice before with my old kit, but never a ticket. i drive around w/ a NYPD pba card and a mini-shield from my friend(NYPD sgt.)...

and just coz i wear glasses, doesn't mean i have bad vision
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

wow 9000k what color is that? i'd never go pass 6000k damn i want hid's

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                    wow 9000k what color is that? i'd never go pass 6000k damn i want hid's
                    its white, but with a tint of purple. imma post pics up when i get the car back later this week..
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

where did u mount the ballast and run the wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                        trust me, i didn't remove them..i've been pulled over twice before with my old kit, but never a ticket. i drive around w/ a NYPD pba card and a mini-shield from my friend(NYPD sgt.)...

and just coz i wear glasses, doesn't mean i have bad vision
                        dude i meant the 9000k hid kit outputs barely more light than a halogen.. meanin vision increase from the kit isnt that good,, not your eyes. LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X