H1 or H3, which bulb is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1 or H3, which bulb is better?

Just trying to find out which bulb gets a better use. It looks like the H1 bulb is a tad bit smaller than the H3, but i don't know if that's a factor. the reason i'm asking is because they are making projectors that take either h1 or h3 bulbs for the 4th gen accords. I’ve heard that the projectors suck for the 4th gen accords, but my question is in regards to the bulb itself. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

H1 is BY far the better bulb.. H1 is one of the premium output bulbs. size doesnt matter =).. H3 is probably the most pathetic bulb due to the axial filament .

Comment

www.HIDforum.com
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

thanks for the responses....

Comment

H1 and H3 bulbs are intended for different purposes so you shouldn't compare them against each other. H3 are only used as foglight bulbs, so they don't make a good headlight bulb.
          Last edited by OM617; 07-30-2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OM617
            H1 and H3 bulbs are intended for different purposes so you shouldn't compare them against each other. H3 are only used as foglight bulbs, so they don't make a good headlight bulb.
            thats like saying a 1156 bulb is Wayy different than a 168 wedge bulb.. They do the same thing.. ones brighter and a larger.. but i get what you said, over all tho the H1 isa better bulb

Comment

correct me if im wrong but the h1 is like 1550 lumens

and the h3 is 1450 lumens

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

that is correct Ztech. but the problem with the H3 is the axial filament.. its the worst way to have a beam pattern,

Comment

..speaking of H1 bulbs, this H1 has only one spade end connector

but on my CC2's, my H1 has 2 spades. i want to replace them with H1 hid-like bulbs..but all the bulbs look like the one on the pic.
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

If I'm not wrong, the H1s normally have the adapter that has 2 prongs instead of one, before they connect to the wiring socket...I think all H1 bulbs have those adapter..Correct me if I'm wrong tho....

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

For effective foglights, brightness is not the key factor

My response below assumes gnehc1 is interested in effective foglights, not trying to turn foglights or something else that uses the H3 into driving lights for example.

Originally posted by xplode
                      ..... its the worst way to have a beam pattern,
                      Well, not for foglights it isn't. The axial filament is precisely why H3 bulbs are used for foglights. Foglights, to be effective for seeing in foggy conditions, should never project a high vertical beam --- that would only light up the water in the air.

As an exaggerated example, consider what happens when you use highbeams in snow or fog: it makes seeing worse and makes it look as if there is suddenly MORE fog outside.

Very near the ground, there will be less fog hovering --- that's why fogs are mounted low, and also why they spread light horizontally and don't light up hardly any above bumper height.

Once you get a foot or so higher, there's more fog (i.e. water) in the air --- the idea with foglights is actually to try and light the area below where the water in the air is, not to power through it with a bright light (which can't work)
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                      X