Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I wash it myself or leave it to the wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wash it myself or leave it to the wash?

I was wondering which would make more sense to do: buy all the products (car soap, sponges, drying things, wax, buffers) and wash my car weekly or just take it to the car wash every week for $12. Right now in NYC I have to go to the wash, but I was wondering which would be better to do once it gets warmer. I have some weird water spots on my hood and trunk that need to be removed also, and I'm not sure what to do w/them.

Also, can I take my car to a car wash if I lower it? I'm thinking it's not gonna be a good idea...?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

exactly where in nyc? out in queens village, i get my car done at Queens Village hand car wash and detail center. the car just goes right into a bay, no tracks. they only charge $10 for exterior was and its all done by hand. check them out if ur ever around the way.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

HEy where i live in MA they have touchless carwashes! Its great 9 for the best wash and you get it all and its a really good job.. Do you all have them where u live.. its good because nothin ever touches the car ya know

Comment

I'm all over...I work in Rosedale (near Green Acres Mall) but I live in Baldwin (South Shore LI), but I'm all over the place on weekends. I guess I'll just leave it to the pros...so much easier.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Oh word, i didnt know you lived in baldwin, so do I. I go to a car wash in hempstead, 5 dollars after 10pm. Car leaves it nice and sparkly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
            Oh word, i didnt know you lived in baldwin, so do I. I go to a car wash in hempstead, 5 dollars after 10pm. Car leaves it nice and sparkly.
            shit man, youre the shogun of harlem, you should get it done for free. speaking of which, i got a copy of the last dragon last night for absolutely free.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

LOL best movie ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                LOL best movie ever.
                Shogun of Harlem? Is that a Diplomats reference? What movie is that?

And where's that car wash? When I want my car clean late at night I have to go all the way out to BK...

Where in Baldwin are you? I'm in the dirty dirty...the harbor, but I don't leave my house unless I'm leaving LI.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  Shogun of Harlem? Is that a Diplomats reference? What movie is that?
                  its from the last dragon, it features sho nuff, the shogun of harlem. great flick.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I live in the north part off of Demot ave.
                    If you keep heading up grand ave it turns into baldwin rd. It will be on the left, it has a very big sign.

Comment

I perfer to wash my car myself. IMO it's fun and it will save you money in the long run. Also hand rubbed wax will always be better than sprayed on wax.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i wash the car myself in the summer, but in the winter i hit up the carwash.. Although this year i bought a car wash plan so i can go there every day for a year if i want to.. i do go just about every day, especially when it was shit outside snow and salt.. very good wash too, i dont just go anywehre..

Comment

Avoid carwashes that have those big strips that smack your car, particles of dirt get stuck in them and can scratch up your paint. So if you really want to preserve your paint job just wash her yaself.

Comment

LOL, a few days ago there was a expedition in one of the drive in ones, where the car is on the tracks, and the spinning thing smacks it. Well it was all good till the things went to the back, and they were pushing the truck up about 6 inches then it would bouce back and do it again, the driver was freaking out, and i was just cracking up.

But i always wash myself unless its when im up in Michigan, then i just use the spray bays to get the salt off.

Comment

is that the one on hempstead tpke by the pep boys and checkers and home depo parkin lot?

Comment

Working...
                              X