getting wax off side moldings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting wax off side moldings..

i was waxing my car and then i got some on the side moldings and now its like white on the black and i've tried water and it still wont come out ..how do i get it off?

you can try a few things like 3M general adhesive remover, WD-40, Rain-X, bug and tar remover, or even back to black for a masking effect if the other things don't work. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

how do you even take off the side moldings ?

Comment

Originally posted by liquidx
        how do you even take off the side moldings ?
        Don't even think of removing the mouldings .. you'll break some, if not most of the tabs ..
        Then life will really suck .. We painted mine when we did the spray-job .. but for now ..
        any kind of rubber claner should work well for your problem .. I'd stay away from Armour-All tho,
        pretty shitty stuff .. even a good warm soapy rag will remove the wax from the mouldings..
        Just don't try removing them .. you'll hate yourself .. lol

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I couldn't get the wax off of my moldings. I tried like once though with 3M wax/adhesive remover. When fixing my rust I had the guy paint the moldings for a small extra fee.

Comment

if you remove the moldings in the right way it won't break them. you have to take the door panel off and sqeeze the tabs from behind. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Peanut butter is great for removing wax from black moulding.
              I am not joking. Try it!
              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
                I am not joking. Try it!
                how did you figure that out? anyways i'll try peanut butter in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
                  I am not joking. Try it!
                  hahaha aiiite so just put it on and then rub it in and let it sit and then wash it off ?

Comment

bug and tar remover will not help

i tried it yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by liquidx
                      hahaha aiiite so just put it on and then rub it in and let it sit and then wash it off ?
                      Yes..
                      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Smooth peanut butter only...
                        '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                        EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I detailed my car like 2 weeks ago, and have been putting off cleaning up the moldings. I tried the peanut butter a few days after I detailed it, but it only lasted for a day or two. I tried back to black today and it barely helped. Is there anything else I can try besides the 3m general adhesive remover?

There was some residue on the side skirts, but those cleaned up fine. The side trim is like dried out and won't absorb anything I put on it.

Comment

autopia has the wax remover for side moldings.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
                              autopia has the wax remover for side moldings.
                              http://www.autopia-carcare.com/usc-3410.html

this stuff? does it actually work?

Comment

Working...
                              X