buffer ques...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buffer ques...

I know this is gonna be a dumb question.... but would this set of pads(pads) fit this buffer(buffer )

Please don't mind my stupidity, lol
    Last edited by prNonVtec4u; 09-24-2006, 07:51 PM.

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

First.. dis is not a word. Please try to use some regular english... i was tempted not post a reply, but oh well.

Second, I dont think that buffer is a DA (dual action). The DA buffers are so much easier to work with, you learn quicker with them. Not to mention, you have much less of a chance of burning the paint or leaving marks on the car with a DA. A good DA that is used in the detailing world is the Porter Cable G100, 7336sp, and 7424. They are all essentially the same. I have a regular polisher that I bought (Not DA), and Im probably not going to use it again since it is very hard to work with, and you just really have to know what you are doing.

So I would search for a DA polisher.

Comment

It should fit.

Comment

i defenatly wouldn't get that buffer unless you have some experience with high speed buffers.

i'd go with this:
        http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2805
        most any professional will agree that porter cable makes the best orbital buffers.

here is a good place to buy pads:
        http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/foampads_var.html

With lake county pads you'd use the yellow cutting pad with the Scratch Remover, white (polishing) or black (waxing/glazing). later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

A buffer spins in a circular motion a DA spins in an eliptical motion. Some DA will allow you to lock to where it spins in a circular motion.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The thing is that i ALREADY have dat buffer, i've had it for a while... but the question is if the pads will actually fit...

My Ride thread
            Flickr
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

^^^bump^^^

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

The buffing pad set in the link comes with a backing plate for them so it should work with your buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
                  The buffing pad set in the link comes with a backing plate for them so it should work with your buffer.
                  Alright thnx a lot man

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X