Tools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools!

So what exactly do you use when you deatail? I don't mean products.

To apply all purpose cleaner I use a rag and brush.

To clean vents I use q-tips.

To scrub the floor I use a brush and rag.

To vaccum the floor I use a 7hp shop vac.(I wish I had a steam vac.)

For windows I use an old sock inside out.

For watering down the car I use a hose with no nozzel.

For wiping down the car I use a mit, a mit thing on an extenor, and a big spongue.

For drying I use regular towels. I know this can't be good. Are those squgeezs made for wiping down wet car ok to use? They would save so much time!

For tires I use a rag and a brush.

Now heres where I have a question. I want to start using meguiars vinly treatment. What do I use to apply it with? It seems like my rag would just pretty much soak it up.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

stay away from the waterblade (aka squeegie) they can scratch just as bad as a towel with a rock on it.

Comment

^Ok thanks thats what I figured.

What do you use???

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

I use a scrubber for when i do the carpets, i use paper towel for the windows with some of my secret glass cleaner .. i also vaccume with a shop vac dunno how powerful it is i think itsa 10hp.. its a big sucka..

Comment

^How about when you dry your car?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

use a chamy( i dont know how to spell it -pronounced sham-E.) to dry the car. they make real ones and fake ones. they all work good. i would get a fake one. they sell them in tubes in all different colors. best thing for windows or glass id newspaper nothing beats it. ive been detailing for years.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

i use the absorber when i dry my car...i hate towels...only for windows. its like a chaomy but its more durable and reliable. very nice tool.

for the carpets instead of a brush i use a towel...a brush brushes the interior but the towel will pick up the stains better...and it dont take too long for me.

for the tires i use a rag and soap.

to apply dressing i use a sponge of any type...very easy.

glass i use this water spot remover which is also a polish...

i clean the inside of a window with a towel....and some safe for tint window cleaner.

i never clean my vents...i just vacumn em to get the dust out..
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i'll be honest and say chamois are crap, they're good for about 1 use, because they're always gonna pick up dirt no matter how much you try to clean your car. i'd suggest microfiber towels, they're good for wiping down the car, you can wash em

they work great on the interior, they work just as well as grab-it sheets

and they're good finishing towels for after a wax, since terry towels never pick up everything

Comment

chammy is that rubber thing that dries hard right? i dont like those....but they last a long time but never worked for me...

my rubber absorber is never supposed to dry....i used it for the last 4 years...no problems yet...

if thats what ur pertaining to heheheh
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

genuine chamois are leather, but there are synthetic ones, the problem with some of the synthetic ones is that they break down and leave little yellow shreds on your car, leather chamois do harden up, that's why you need to soak em before using them, they really don't get your car completely dry they just sheet the water off to minimize water spots, the rest is just supposed to air dry

Comment

i dry my car with a standard towel washed without SOFTENER, it prevents it from schmearing the water and forming spots..

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                        chammy is that rubber thing that dries hard right? i dont like those....but they last a long time but never worked for me...

my rubber absorber is never supposed to dry....i used it for the last 4 years...no problems yet...

if thats what ur pertaining to heheheh
                        Whenever I use a chammy all it dose is smear the water. It dosent really dry it because it so soaking wet after a minute. I'm I just not getting the purpose of there things?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

ur supposed to ring it out HELLO! hahah jk.

really ur supposed to ring it out...some aborbers suck..i just bought a new one so i can have 2..and it doesnt do well...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            ur supposed to ring it out HELLO! hahah jk.

really ur supposed to ring it out...some aborbers suck..i just bought a new one so i can have 2..and it doesnt do well...
                            Ok I see!

I bought a cheap one from Albertson's where nirvousaccord works. I should have known it would be crappy.

But I also need to remeber to ring it out.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Working...
                            X