Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infinty Reference: 2 way 6.5s vs. 3 way 6 X 9s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinty Reference: 2 way 6.5s vs. 3 way 6 X 9s?

is there a big difference in the sound quality of 3 way 6 X 9 infinty reference speakers in comparison to the 2 way 6.5 infinty references? the price difference (on ebay) is about 20 bux more for the 6X9s...is it worth the extra money?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

well it depends what you want. since there are 2 speaker sizes, it shows that you want some in the front and the back. if you dont already have good speakers in the front, get those first, then work on the rear fill

Comment

the question i want to know is if there will be a big sound difference if i have 3-way 6X9s in the back instead of 2-way 6.5s...

Comment

Personally, I would take the 6x9's (more cone = more bass)

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

no matter what..reference is only for clarity...not much bas at all...they suck...compared to pioneer 4 way 6x9 its just a sweet pleasent sound...pioneer 4 way is the way to go...

if id get infinity id get kappas
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the problem with kappas is that they are expensive and you have to amplify them...and with your opinion that the 6.5 references have no bass, i think they put out decent bass for a 6.5 speaker, i havent yet listened to the 6X9s...

pioneer has many different models...which ones are these 4-ways your raving about?

also...from my knowledge pioneers sell for a lot cheaper than infinities (on ebay atleast...), why is this so if they are a speaker speaker like you say?
            Last edited by Aaron; 08-24-2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

i love those 6x9 pionieers. they sound like u have a system in the back. lol.

one word of advice. don't buy audiobahn for the front. they suck
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

This is true... the pioneers would be another good choice... I have pioneer 2 way 6.5 in the front and I am very happy with them, plus they cost a lot less

Comment

are all pioneers good or just a specific model?

Comment

http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=3174
                    or
                    http://www.thezeb.com/detail.aspx?ID=3172

Prolly just something like that is best bang for buck

Comment

i tried those 4 ways..they rock...

sound really nice on a stock system..even nicer on an amp...

id save 6.5 for the fronts...pioneer 4 ways are nice or component fosgates....
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

round speakers will always sound better than ovals. its just in the way the sound is produced.

6x9 produce more "bass" because of the larger cone area, however u need the highs and midrange from the rest of ur speakers to balance or it just sounds bad

i have kenwood 6.5" all the way around with a powered alpine head and it sounds pretty decent it actually sounds better than the speakers did on a kenwood head and amp

infinity is decent sound and doesnt require alot of power, pioneers sound okay too and can take alittle more power

if possible go to a car audio store and listen to the speakers there to get a feel of which u like better

Comment

round and circle speakers...last i remember 6x9 arent either LMAO>..its more rectangular circle hahaha

yea infinities has nice sound but their reference amped or not..i dont like..but kappas OH GOSH>>>!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

find your self some old school JBL T595 limited.. then you'll know what a 6x9 can do..

Comment

well i have some infinity 6.5s for the front...and i want more bass for the back so i got these hopefully i wont regret getting them...

Comment

Working...
                              X