Bridging an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridging an amp

Ok i know how to bridge an amp in one way. But i read another way. I want to confirm this way is safe and works.

Way i know

2 channel amp/ 2+, 2-

+ channel 1, - channel 2 amp is bridged

New way for me

+ channel 1/ - channel 2

then

- channel 1/ +channel 2

anyone try this?

It sounds like you are trying to bridge the amp "twice"...
    No that wont work because you won't technically be bridging the amp, you'll just be shorting it.
    Last edited by sonikaccord; 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      It sounds like you are trying to bridge the amp "twice"...
      No that wont work because you won't technically be bridging the amp, you'll just be shorting it.
      x2

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

dont do it, most amps show u on the amp how to bride them. and if not look at the instruction booklet or online manuals. it will tell u how.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

"Sometimes your amp will have a diagram for bridging. If not, this should work.

Determine if you have a 2 or 4 channel amp. A 2 channel can be bridged to one channel, and a 4 into 2.

For ease, let's use the 2 channel amp. You should see 4 terminals: a positive (+) and a negative (-) for channel 1; and the same for channel 2. Let's label each terminal, as follows: "A" (channel 1, positive), "B" (channel 1, negative), "C" (channel 2, positive), "D" (channel 2, negative)

Assuming you are connecting the amp to one speaker: First, connect the red (or ribbed) speaker wire to terminal "A"; Second, connect the black (or non-ribbed) speaker wire to terminal "D"; Third, using a short wire, connect terminal "B" to terminal "C". Also for ease of knowledge, you can also connect the possitive (+) of one channel, and the negative (-) of the other channel of the amplifier to the speaker, this will bridge the amp."

Comment

with most modern amps, the third wire is unecessary because they are already set up for bridged operation.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              with most modern amps, the third wire is unecessary because they are already set up for bridged operation.
              x2

some amps, like kenwood mono blocks that have 4 terminals are bridged already and no matter how you hook it up its already bridged.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
              X