wiring issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring issues

My question is does anyone on here have a wiring diagram when running two amps, one for highs and one for the thump!
    it would really help me out!

what do u need exactly? its pretty simple....
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Run power from the battery to a distribution block, run your remote wire from your deck to 1 amp, from that amp, run another piece of remote wire to the other amp. For the ground, get a grounding block that'll handle 2 amplifiers, ground it to the body, run those grounds to the amps. Run rca's from your head unit to the back, 1, 4 channel pair, 1, 2 channel pair.

I almost forgot, run your power and remote wire on the same side, run your rca's on the opposite side, to eliminate possible alternator whine
      Last edited by nine_deuce; 07-28-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

and on the amp settings turn the sub amp to LPD and the speakers amp to HPF
        93 SE F22A6

Comment

my other question is, what do you do with the stock speaker wiring before wiring up the stereo, bc i was told to bridge them back or something like that bc i know your not suppose to use your stereo wires if your running two amps

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714 View Post
            my other question is, what do you do with the stock speaker wiring before wiring up the stereo, bc i was told to bridge them back or something like that bc i know your not suppose to use your stereo wires if your running two amps
            wtf ever you can use your factory wire unless gonna run seprates up front. unless your going for a WORLD SQ CHAMP setup there is no prob using your factory wire.
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

are you trying to amp the stock speakers? if so thats a no no your gonna fry them
              93 SE F22A6

Comment

I think i'm having ground issues you could hear this buzzing noise thru the speakers, I wasnt having these issues before

Comment

It's called alternator whine. Do you have your power or remote wire with your rca's? if so, try routing your rca's on the other side of the car.

Comment

first off where did u ground the amp? second is your rcas separate from power wire?
                    Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                      first off where did u ground the amp? second is your rcas separate from power wire?
                      where's a good spot to ground your amps, i realize that when my voice amp is hooked up and i go to hook up my rca's to my bass amp it's starts to make that buzzing noise thru all the voice speakers as well as the bass speaker

anyways this is how i have my set up one power cable running from the battery to the bass amp then it's split to the voice amp same with the remote wire also with the ground's,

Comment

the best ground is to take some sand paper and get to bare shiny metal. you wont have grounding issues then. DO NOT USE A SEAT BOLT. try that for your grounds and see if that gets rid of your "buzzing". if it doesnt stop come back and let us know.
                        Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                          the best ground is to take some sand paper and get to bare shiny metal. you wont have grounding issues then. DO NOT USE A SEAT BOLT. try that for your grounds and see if that gets rid of your "buzzing". if it doesnt stop come back and let us know.
                          I have my ground with the trunk latch bolt

Comment

On my pioneer, I had to ground the rca to the radio chassis with a small piece of wire. Don't know if it will help but you might as well try it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              On my pioneer, I had to ground the rca to the radio chassis with a small piece of wire. Don't know if it will help but you might as well try it.
                              do i attach the wire any where

Comment

Working...
                              X