• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio system help

so i bought an amp today

Total Mobile Audio T500.1
    500W RMS Class B Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier

power wires are connected properly (or atleast after looking at it over and over more then 5 times)

the amp light is green which mean it is working properly.

but no boom coming out from the subs.

its properly grounded
    power is connected right
    the remote wire is connected
    the left and right sub woofer output from the radio is connected to the left and right input to the amp

the power and negative polaritys are correct from the sub to the connectors
    the polarity wires are correct going from the amp to the sub.

my deck is saying that the sub option is ON
    so wth is going on?

my homie is coming over because he has subs in his car and im gonna test if its my sub thats malfunctioning

what kind of deck do you have?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

well are your RCA's pluged in at the deck and on the amp? check the wires on the sub and on the box. very RARE does an amp come out bad being brand new. also check your gain it shouldnt be over 3/4 of the way up for any reason. but you u want it atleast a 1/4 of the way up. GAIN IS NOT VOLUME. YOUR AMP DOES NOT HAVE A VOLUME KNOB!!!! thats just an FYI for EVERYONE! lol
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        what kind of deck do you have?
        pioneer 7800

it worked when i had another amp before and subs.

i tested the sub and it works on my friends car, so it has to be the amp.

Comment

It could be the RCA outputs on your headunit are toast. Easiest way to test that is to change the headunit or run rca from your friend's car into your car to see if the amp can make the sub play.

Comment

gain turned all the way down?

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
              It could be the RCA outputs on your headunit are toast. Easiest way to test that is to change the headunit or run rca from your friend's car into your car to see if the amp can make the sub play.
              really? damn, i hardly even used my rcas!

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                really? damn, i hardly even used my rcas!
                It happened to one of my alpines that had no internal amp. I paid like 400 bucks for the alpine used it once, and then the rca got fried, so it was a paperweight after that.

If the RCA cables in your car are long enough then run it from your head unit to your friends amp if his subs play music then the head unit is fine. If the RCA isn't long enough then you guys will have to remove the sub and amp to swap over or bust out the multimeter and start measuring. Pioneer should have about a 4volt output.

Another option is you wired the sub wrong and ran it at a different ohm then the amp was powering at, but that normally works for a bit before the amp fries.

Comment

It happened to one of my alpines that had no internal amp. I paid like 400 bucks for the alpine used it once, and then the rca got fried, so it was a paperweight after that.

If the RCA cables in your car are long enough then run it from your head unit to your friends amp if his subs play music then the head unit is fine. If the RCA isn't long enough then you guys will have to remove the sub and amp to swap over or bust out the multimeter and start measuring. Pioneer should have about a 4volt output.

Another option is you wired the sub wrong and ran it at a different ohm then the amp was powering at, but that normally works for a bit before the amp fries.
                  i have a pretty long cord. so i would just have to run rcas only to his amp to test if it works? what about the remote wire?

Comment

No need to swap over the remote wire. Just turn on his headunit like normal and turn down the volume so his speakers don't play music. Your headunit will only send the signal to his sub, so if the sub moves your headunit is fine. Then try it the other way from his headunit to your amp, and if your sub moves then something is wrong with the wiring.

Comment

No need to swap over the remote wire. Just turn on his headunit like normal and turn down the volume so his speakers don't play music. Your headunit will only send the signal to his sub, so if the sub moves your headunit is fine. Then try it the other way from his headunit to your amp, and if your sub moves then something is wrong with the wiring.
                      gotcha thanks long!

im waiting for my friend to come over after the gym. he said he'll give me a call but i hope he pulls through so i can figure this shit out!

Comment

my friend pulls through.

connected my rca wires from my deck to his amp. and bam his subs start pumpin.

now to go back and deal with the store!

Comment

Working...
                        X