2 doors EX Original Speakers Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 doors EX Original Speakers Size?

What's up guys. I have a problem. I just purchased some cheap speakers for my Accord since the ones install were I assume original and blown out. I install the rear 6x9s easily but I can't fit the front 6.5"s properly. The speaker that was installed at front are definitely not 6.5" although everyone on here is claiming that it's 6.5" at front. Well I had to completely sabotage my plastic housings which I don't even know if are original Honda housings or not and yet it still doesn't fit properly. The door panel won't fit back on properly. What's the deal? What is the true front speakers size and was the housing there by default which means I just fucked up something expensive at Honda or was it just there because someone has put it there?

Thanks.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
    What's up guys. I have a problem. I just purchased some cheap speakers for my Accord since the ones install were I assume original and blown out. I install the rear 6x9s easily but I can't fit the front 6.5"s properly. The speaker that was installed at front are definitely not 6.5" although everyone on here is claiming that it's 6.5" at front. Well I had to completely sabotage my plastic housings which I don't even know if are original Honda housings or not and yet it still doesn't fit properly. The door panel won't fit back on properly. What's the deal? What is the true front speakers size and was the housing there by default which means I just fucked up something expensive at Honda or was it just there because someone has put it there?

Thanks.
    I thought all ex had 4" pods in there

Comment

Well no. In a 2 doors the rear speakers are 6x9. In the EX at least. Don't know about other models but I'm 100% sure that the original front speakers aren't 6.5" while everyone fits them somehow unless I'm completely mistaking. Anyway. What's going on? It's seriously pissing me off.
      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Well no. In a 2 doors the rear speakers are 6x9. In the EX at least. Don't know about other models but I'm 100% sure that the original front speakers aren't 6.5" while everyone fits them somehow unless I'm completely mistaking. Anyway. What's going on? It's seriously pissing me off.
        Take out the pod. Build or buy a baffle. Put 6.5s in. (Most common asked question on this forum)
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-06-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

LX and dx have 6.5" speakers and pods.

The EX has a tuned 5" pod

Comment

For the OP. Those boxes/enclosure in the door are kinda like a Subwoofer enclosure. It helps it sound better, like EJX_michael explained, it's "tuned" to make it sound good. If you messed it up, i doubt it's not that big of a deal. You can just get rid of it. If you are really concerned about it, you can get OE sized speakers, hit up the JY and get another one of those boxes. Use the new speakers you just got and VOILA! Done.

Comment

the EX 90 and 91 had 4" speakers up front and 6x9s in the back in the stock panels.

If you take out the pods in the front doors, 6.5's fit easily but the windows will not fully roll down
              90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
              DIY ram intake
              0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
              stock alt rewound to 120amps
              optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
              fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
              2004 Jeep Liberty v6
              2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Originally posted by 90Haccord View Post
                the EX 90 and 91 had 4" speakers up front and 6x9s in the back in the stock panels.

If you take out the pods in the front doors, 6.5's fit easily but the windows will not fully roll down
                Actually, it wont fit. There are no holes made there on the door to screw on a speaker. Besides, the back ring of the speaker is a magnet and kind of interacts with the door which isn't good so my guess is that you definitely need some kind of pod. I guess I'll just build a DIY or something. The front speakers I just bought from BestBuy that I plan on returning lol sound really bad. They're JBLs. 140$ the pair. I don't know how it can sound so ***. My back 6x9s PYLE a cheap brand that I bought for 30$ sound sooo much better.
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Since the back end of the speaker sticks out, all you gotta do is go to bestbuy and tell them you need a 1" spacer block for speakers. Basically all it is, is a round 1" tall piece of plastic with screw holes in it. When you get it, it has holes in different spots so you can screw the spacers into the door and then screw the speakers into the spacers. This will move the back of the speaker magnet away from the door and the door panel will still fit over it.

I have personal experience with those. I have them installed in my sedan. When i got my 6.5" components for the front, the speaker would fit in properly, but then the window wouldn't go down all the way cuz the magnet was in the way LMFAO. Long story short, i took it to bestbuy and since i used to work there at the time, the guy hooked me up with the spacers.

Comment

Actually, it wont fit. There are no holes made there on the door to screw on a speaker. Besides, the back ring of the speaker is a magnet and kind of interacts with the door which isn't good so my guess is that you definitely need some kind of pod. I guess I'll just build a DIY or something. The front speakers I just bought from BestBuy that I plan on returning lol sound really bad. They're JBLs. 140$ the pair. I don't know how it can sound so ***. My back 6x9s PYLE a cheap brand that I bought for 30$ sound sooo much better.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                    Take out the pod. Build or buy a baffle. Put 6.5s in. (Most common asked question on this forum)

Its a pretty simple concept. You don't have holes for screws that will line up so you make your own. If you cant figure it out pay a professional its only like $40 and they would be able to do it in about half an hour.

Make

or Pay
                    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-07-2008, 08:07 AM.

Comment

or just get the mounting rings from an LX from a junkyard.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                        or just get the mounting rings from an LX from a junkyard.

X2

easiest/cheapest/simplest/quickest/ way to go

Comment

i have a 92 LX and it had 5.25" all the way around. i got the rear 6x9 speaker pods out of an EX-R, and can't find any cars with 6.5" mounting stuff for the door speakers. Any LX i've torn apart (about 6 at the scrappers yesterday) had 5.25" and the EX-Rs have the 4" with that plastic baffle box thing. Do I need to search for an american made car or something?
                          My Rides:

Comment

Originally posted by demortey@mac.co View Post
                            i have a 92 LX and it had 5.25" all the way around. i got the rear 6x9 speaker pods out of an EX-R, and can't find any cars with 6.5" mounting stuff for the door speakers. Any LX i've torn apart (about 6 at the scrappers yesterday) had 5.25" and the EX-Rs have the 4" with that plastic baffle box thing. Do I need to search for an american made car or something?
                            Build a baffle or buy one at any car audio store. Its been said at least three times in this thread. And 39579873 times in the 395832599 threads about this.
                            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-07-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Eh.. three reasons the JBLs didn't sound good to you.

1. You dont have an Amp pushing them. Thus there is not enough power from your headunit to make them sound good.

2. You have no subwoofer and these speakers are made to play mid ranges and up. Sending a bass signal to them will just make it distort.

3. You do have a Sub. But dont have a Hi pass filter. thus allowing bass go to the speakers.

or they could have been lemons...

Comment

Working...
                              X