Adjusting H.I.D's. Sharpness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting H.I.D's. Sharpness

Ok my hid's have the casper shield. I'm not really sure what direction it should be in. Right now its at the bottom end. I was told my lights arent correct as far as glare.... What should i do to adjust.

Correct

Mines= Improper

The shield goes at the bottom to cut off the glare.
    My CB For Sale

Comment

Mines is on the bottom.

Comment

You have aftermarket HID it will never be as clear as OEM reflector. The shield helps but it does not do much.

Comment

The correct one is aftermarket for the same car

Comment

Can you get us a pic of the beam pattern

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

How you do that. Go to a wall and take a side ways pic?

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302 View Post
                How you do that. Go to a wall and take a side ways pic?
                well don't go to the wall, we are sure you love ur car and don't wanna wreck it.. You are right drive up to a wall, stop about 10 feet away and take a picture of what the beam pattern looks like ON the wall, while you are INSIDE the car.

Comment

you can only do so much...you will have to live with it or do a retro like i did in my sig.

i lived with a plug and play kit for a week...and was disappointed at the output.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

So your hid's is an oem of another car which is correctly assemblied and positioned.

Comment

So your hid's is an oem of another car which is correctly assemblied and positioned.
                      Yep

Or a car w/stock or retrofitted D2S projectors.

I have a kit in my CB (no shield available) and the output sucks. Only remedy is going back to stock halogen, or getting a retrofit.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

one way to cut the glare is to take apart the headlight and paint everything except the half moon part in the back. i painted mine with flat black grill paint and now my beam is way more focused. the light output seems to be better aswell cause its got some direction.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

kinda, its actually the projector that is from another car to get th eproper cutoff...

imo and you may think im anal but its the best way lol....there is a link in my sig
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

add extra shielding to the casper shield.

that's what me and kidd262 did.

just use a tin can, and cut up a small piece, and Jb weld it

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                            X