Stereo help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo help?

I'm losing voltage at my sub amp when the bass hits at high volume. Low to medium volume 14.4ish volts, as I turn up the volume you can see the voltage drop until my amp goes into protect mode at 10.5 volts (my current setting). Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm Puzzlevil and I approve this message.

how much amperage does your amp pull? Also what kind of amps are you running, size of wire, battery type and so on...

I would upgrade to an optima style battery, upgrading wiring to at least a 4ga, get a HO alternator, and then possibly a cap.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
      I would upgrade to an optima style battery, upgrading wiring to at least a 4ga, get a HO alternator, and then possibly a cap.
      x2...that's what i would do...the Wiring is real important too!!!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Setup

I'm running "0" gauge, Batcap 2000 battery, Kicker SX650.1 amp, 2 DD 1508. Dumped the capacitor because the same thing was happening with it. The cap voltage would drop until the amp went into protect mode. Still got original alt., but I'm not see a drain on the rest of the car.

Comment

you need a heavy duty alternator. You can pick up a rewired alternator at a lot of places. 100A alternator should do the trick.

the capacitors only helps with deep bass spikes, caps are great for sound competitions, but if you want continuous performance, you need to get that high output alternator.
          DEVOTE

Comment

I was running a 122amp HO alternator. With it, I had no problems, without it, i would notice a loss in power, with the system, and air ride...

Comment

You know I had that problem the morning of the Eos meet in Va beach,my amps actually were going into protect mode and shutting down,I had never heard of this,but the shop went and ran second ground lines to different locations and it fixed my problem as you saw. they were losing power just like that and with the new grounds,it maintains a constant level.
              BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                You know I had that problem the morning of the Eos meet in Va beach,my amps actually were going into protect mode and shutting down,I had never heard of this,but the shop went and ran second ground lines to different locations and it fixed my problem as you saw. they were losing power just like that and with the new grounds,it maintains a constant level.
                upgrade your big 3 first, that's the most inexpensive thing you can do.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by puzzlevil View Post
                  I'm running "0" gauge, Batcap 2000 battery, Kicker SX650.1 amp, 2 DD 1508. Dumped the capacitor because the same thing was happening with it. The cap voltage would drop until the amp went into protect mode. Still got original alt., but I'm not see a drain on the rest of the car.
                  are u just running one battery??? i ran 2700 rms on 2 yellow tops big 3 and a stock alt....... do u like ur 8's???? i loved mine when i had them.... 4 of them when i last got it mic'd was doing a 143 on the dash enough to piss off thge neighbors.
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I'm loving the 8's, ordered two more but haven't decided what amp to run. My shop is pushing me towards the DD M3, but I don't see a lot of people with DD subs running their amps. What did you power yours with.

Comment

i caught a deal i couldnt pass up on a memphis mojo 2500d. it was a little much for the 8's but needless to say it was stupid for 4 8's. i personally ran an older M1 and it was freakin nasty. 1.5k when i had the voltage and wow. there amps are nice but im thinkin people dont run them due to the fact they power hogs. when i get new door speakers im gonna be trying to get there tweeter and mids. im a huge dd fan boy. im currently running a 3512 and wow its crazy. there are a few members that heard it this past weekend and i finally got to hear outside my car and its stupid lol.
                      Members Ride sold...
                      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                      X